Sunday, August 3, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME!!

So, we finally made it home today. I have so much to catch up on but I can't think about doing it all at once or I will be too overwhelmed and not get anything done at all.
On Friday night we packed all the sweet stuff that we had bought to survive a month in the Burley house. Including dishes that we will now put in the motor home, and random things I bought to entertain the kids. We then woke up on Saturday morning and loaded the kids in the car to head out!! On our way out we stopped by Cycle City to say farewell to the friends we had made there-the kids and I did spend a lot of time there. At least 2 hours a day. It was fun to go take Aaron lunch, and heck, a motorcycle store is like a playground for 3 little boys!!
I just thought I would let everyone know that we are back to the hot sunny weather in St. George. We have been gearing up for it so maybe it won't be as bad as we are expecting? Porter told me on the way home this afternoon, " mom, I will only be able to ride my bike around the track once then I will have to come in the house because I will be sweating." I love the things kids come up with!

Here are just some random things we did while living there this summer.....

Madison and Porter went to swimming lessons for two weeks. I paid way too much, and it was a little pathetic, but the kids had fun and it filled half an hour of our day.


Brayden's schedule got completely screwed up. In this picture it is 7:00 p.m. and my poor baby hadn't even had a nap. I couldn't get him to wake up for the life of me.


Porter got his first Bee Sting. Poor boy! He didn't really love the mud on it. However, after we took the mud off he told me it felt a lot better.

Aaron's sister, Aubrey and I went to Wal-mart to get our oil changed. After 2 hours we finally decided to just leave. So, this is what we did, put all 6 kids in the back of her Altima and drove the 1/4 mile to Aubrey's house.


Watching the mechanics at Wal-mart was a cool thing for my babies.

One of the coolest things we did was took the kids to the Twin Falls Temple open house. It was so fun to be able to take the kids inside the temple. When we told them we were going they thought it would be fun. When we told them they got to to in they were ecstatic!! We had a lot of fun and it was a really good experience for them. And us!


So this is the SWEET Burley house.....Do you like the window air conditioning unit in the front window upstairs? It's sweet to match the whole house huh?


This is "Story Book Park." It's probably the coolest park I've ever seen. It was only like a 2 minute walk away from the house. We spent quite a few hours at this place.

HERE is the whole reason we were up there. This is Cycle City where we spent lots of hours, and of course Aaron spent even more time there.

Burley was good. It was good to be there, but it is even better to be back. We all missed our house and we heard from Ryan at least once a day, " I want to go back to my CUTE house."
SO NOW WE ARE HOME!!

4 comments:

The Egg-heads said...

Welcome Home! I bet it feels great to be back! Your "vacation" sounded like a blast, and I think the Buhrley house is cute! I'm glad you had a good time. Your kids are as cute as ever!!!

Jason and Joanna said...

welcome home!! I'm so glad you guys finally made it back!!

Lyndsi said...

What?! You guys aren't going to move up there!? I was for sure you wouldn't be coming back! We would just see a sign in the front of your house! :) Welcome home! Yeah, we should go out. Even without the guys! hahaha. It looks like you guys had a great time... enjoy your cute house!

HeatherStout said...

Glad you guys could join us down here for the wonderful summer heat! Hope you had a great trip!