Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Week at Lake Powell

Day 1 At Lake Powell
As our first day at Lake Powell began we were SO excited for all the memories we were going to make! The West Family and us started out on Sunday together and ended this trip together. Yep, together for just short of a whole week and we loved it!
We met up with The Eggertz family-Aaron's high school buddy, Cam, sweet wife, Cindy and their darling 4 kids, Josh, Dax, Ella and Amelie. The Whitmer family, Cindy's sister, Shera, her husband, Jeff and their cute kids, Jack and Kenny. The Garn family, Jordan, Melissa, Kinzlee, Corbin, Adley and Brecklyn. We had 10 adults and 17 kids. It should have been out of control crazy but it was only tons of fun!
The first day was a little bit WARM!! We packed all our stuff on the houseboat but wouldn't let the kids swim. I know, poor kids were dying of heat but they all survived. Some ended up in the water, some didn't:) Only the mean mom wouldn't let her kids swim.
Day 2 At Lake Powell

Porter couldn't wait to get going! He was so super excited to get this boat going. We were up by 7 heading out. That is early for Aaron especially.
Aaron was so confident that he drove this big 'ol houseboat out of the slip and saved us lots of moneys. Good Job Baby!!
Kinzlee, Adley, Madi and Josh were ready to be to our "spot" so they played some cards to help pass the time.
Ry got to drive the boat with his daddy!
So did Brayd.
This here is quite the picture. Cute Shera and Cindy wouldn't let me get away without one.
The scenery is very pretty though.
Thanks for the picture girls!!
We did finally arrive to our "spot" and we had fun playing and setting up for the week!
Day 3 At Lake Powell
The excitement of being at Lake Powell was still in full swing so we were once again up early and ready to play all day!
The kids loved to be pulled on the tube. I bet between all the guys driving these kids around the water-craft was pulling as much as the boat.
Bumping the kids back to the tramp.
Josh Ry, and Brayd on a ride on the back of the water-craft while Aaron just drove around or pulled a tube.
Everyone was ready to do some cliff-jumping.
Ry was getting in on the fun of jumping.
The kids had a blast cliff-jumping. Porter was getting up there pretty high. He was making me a little nervous.
Madi and Kinzlee had the best of times hanging out together. They even had the same swim-suit!
Aaron and Jordan-with Ry of course-checking out the height.
Aaron and his sweet back-flip.
After the cliff-jumping we got back on the boat and Aaron did some surfing with the kids.
Ry loves to surf with his daddy.
Is Jordan angry? Maybe he hadn't had his 3rd nap of the day yet:)
Brayd just doing what he does best, looking cute:)
Then Brayd got to doing his next best thing.....
Sleeping!
He just cuddled up in his own little cubby and crashed.
Heather was so cute to jump in the water with these two girls.
Porter tried and got really good at knee-boarding this trip. I'm so happy he got behind the boat. Maybe next year he will try wake-boarding.
Brayd loved to watch everyone.
My Baby!
This is what I love to do at Lake Powell. Just hang out and talk. You know that is what Heather and I were doing. We did go for a RELAXING ride together.
Aaron and Brayd were in charge of cracking the coconut.
They are CUTE!!
Look how big I growed!!
I was so proud.
Day 4 At Lake Powell
All the kids just loved this water trampoline we have. We put it under the slide so it's entertainment and makes it easier to get on the boat and the water-craft. I found Porter just chillin' on it.
He looks like such a little stud.
Oh Ry......
The story behind this picture.....
I came out of the houseboat and saw Ry swimming while saying "Adult Large, 40-42, Adult Large, 40-42". He kept repeating this as he was swimming to the boat. I looked over at Aaron and he said, "Ry can't even read but I told him my size and to go get me a life-jacket so I could swim with him."
He was repeating the size so he wouldn't forget.
Such a cute boy.
I think this is the only picture Aaron and I got together.
Ry got the life-jacket
So, Aaron swam.
These cute girls were surrounded by so many boys, but they were so good to keep up with them and just blend in. They are very good girls!
Aaron and his boys! Silly kids.
I went downstairs and Josh was reading to Madi and Porter-It was very cute.
I growed big AGAIN and knee-boarded! I never had a boat growing up so I'm a little late bloomer. This may be as far as I bloom though.
Then I got to hold cute little Claire while her Mama knee-boarded.
And Heather......Just So Cute!
Aaron surfing without the rope. He is getting so good! So boring, but So good:)
I thought this looked pretty cool.
Riding on top of the wake.
Brayd is so sleepy AGAIN!!
The kids were found quite often hiking up this cliff.
I found 3 of my 4!
There's the othern!
My 2 adorable babies doing one of their favorite things ever!
Hangin' at Lake Powell.
Aaron was in so much pain in this picture but I thought it was too funny. He tried so hard to hang on to the rope but it got away and he hurt his fingers.
Poor Boy!
Ry got stranded in the lake so Madi and Kinzlee went to save him.
Good Girls!!
Day 5 At Lake Powell
Day 5 Aaron decided to bust out Jeff's helmet and see what he could do on the stand-up. It was pretty entertaining! Thanks for being a responsible adult and bringing the helmet Jeff!
I must admit....he was pretty good!
Do you like his helmet? It makes me laugh every time I look at this picture. I love how the helmet is crooked too.
Porter decided to take a crack at it with Aaron.
This was a big step for Brayd to go from the boat to the tramp. I'm glad he got pretty daring about it.
Thanks for the help Brent!
Porter is always up for some fun! When he saw Aaron having good fun on the stand-up he wanted to join in!
They did really good together! It's hard for one person to stand up on this thing. To have both of them up was a pretty big accomplishment.
Then they crashed!
The kids all needed to have some rest time.
Check out all these kids!
Everyone jumped on the tramp for some tricks.....

Aaron's back-flip!

I know this picture is blurry but I thought it was hilarious with Aaron's feet in the air.
We found out Jordan has an interesting obsession!
It includes getting wax out of ears with tweezers. Yeah, it's kinda nasty, but better out than in!
Aaron was a good assistant.
What can I say?
Boys will be Boys!
Day 6 At Lake Powell
Our last day on the lake was pretty cool. Just cool enough to actually hang out in the sand and not die of a heat stroke! Jeff and Shera were so cute to help the kids do fun stuff in the sand.
They were so cute with all the kids.
Hiking was on the agenda for this day too. Can you see the kids WAAAAAY up there?
Jordan was putting it in Brayd's head the whole time that he needed to marry Brecklyn. I wouldn't be surprised if he was brain washing him on this little hike:)

Heather, me and Shera decided to brave the tube. I guess I showed Aaron I was feeling a little daring and Heather wasn't pregnant anymore so we didn't get the princess treatment. We all went under very unexpectantly as we were talking about age spots.
We were so enjoying ourselves.
Cute kids love this tube!
Aaron dunked these little monkeys also. Madi was SO mad. Can you tell?
Check out that weather! It didn't stop us from being out on this boat, or Aaron doing hip thrusts showing Jeff how to pull himself in to jump on the wakeboard.

Jeff did catch some air!
Porter and cute Shera!
Aaron is turning into an old man!
Hanging out with his buddies with his shirt off and a D.P. in hand.
We are getting old!
Aaron taught the kids the trick of flicking the pop can while standing on it. I think each of the kids got a chance to try.
Brayd being big with Kenny.
Aaron decided to get up on the ski just as the trip was ending.
He's up!
He's Off!
As the trip was coming to an end I realized I hadn't taken much pictures of the adults.
I never got one of all the girls. I'm sad about that!
So, I got one of the guys as they were watching/making fun of Jordan trying to catch a Carp.
As you can see, Jordan did catch a fish! He was very proud and Aaron ate his words as he told Jordan that there was a slim to none chance that he was going to get one of those nasty fish with a rake! Aaron even said he would cook it up and eat it with the rest of the guys. The other guys disagreed to that idea!
Aaron was kind enough to dig the grave for this little guy.
Madi and Josh were pretty torn up about this incident. I know it didn't help that they were overly tired and are very sensitive. Can you blame them? The fish were pretty much the kids pets for the whole week!
My sleepy boys. I couldn't get Madi and Ry because it was WAY too dark in their "space".
Day 7 at Lake Powell
Returning to "Real Life"
Aaron asked me to watch the boat while he did something. I didn't sink it, or run in to anything so I figured I did great!
Lake Powell was GREAT this year. Yes, we did have lots of people but I really don't think it could have gone better than it did! To go to Lake Powell with good friends is definitely a luxury. We couldn't have done it without all the good helpers.
We love Lake Powell and look forward to going every year. I hope all our trips are just as fun as this one!



7 comments:

The Egg-heads said...

Great Pictures Bonnie! I'm glad you had nothing but good things to say about the craziness....you are too sweet. I agree, the trip was amazing! It was so fun to re-visit the trip with your post. Thanks for all the fun and excitement!!

Keisha said...

I'm SO jealous! Looks like so much fun! IF you ever need 2 more adults and 1 more baby let us know;) just teasing haha What fun memories you and your kids will have! Thats what its all about!

Lyndsi said...

First off, I to amtraumatized by the fish and rake. And am SO glad they didn't eat it. They probably would have died. Second, I know you loved taking the hip thrust pictures. I am SO proud of you for going off the slide AND knee boarding! You are getting so grown up! Makes me happy! :)

I'm so glad you guys had a great time! I am sad though I didn't get to see a picture of the relaxation station. Is that because you were on it!?

Jason and Joanna said...

That's so much fun! There were some pretty funny stories there, and I love it! I am very proud of you for growing big- I didn't think it would happen ;) Too funny where Brayd would just randomly fall to sleep haha, and I thought it was pretty funny that when Porter joined Aaron on the water machine, Aaron was still wearing the awesome helmet and Porter wasn't wearing anything haha.

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

I just liked the hip thrust...

The Key's said...

Fun times! Can't wait for August! It's going to be such a blast!! I've been waiting for that trip since LAST August :) Your babies are all so stinkin cute!

Heather said...

Okay so I haven't had the internet all week. I'm so glad to finally see your post. I love all the comments and the pictures. You are very thorough! We had such an awesome time. You guys are always such gracious and generous hosts. Thanks for being such awesome friends to us!!! We love you and we LOVE Lake Powell and now thanks to you our kids are spoiled!!!