Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Trip to Cali....

My dad's step-dad died in December and they were having a memorial service for him in Southern California. My dad has some of the coolest people in his family so we headed down for a little extended family vaca:) We were missing Heather's family, Aaron and Jason. Everyone else was there.
Here we are setting out to California
We carpooled down with my parents in my car and Joanna with her kids riding with Moss, Bud and Brenden.
Porter is a good boy as long as there is a video game to watch!
Brayd was so good at playing the games in the car.
Grandpa was a good driver and got us there and back safely. Without too much complaining from me:)
I looked back and saw my cute little cuddlers all cuddled up with each other.
Love it!!
We got to the hotel room at about midnight on Thursday. The ride got a little long but I was thankful my kids are finally old enough to not scream the whole time. I do remember those days!
Friday morning we awoke and went to my dad's little brother Craig's house. I found some Cheetos for a good deal so the kids ate some...
Enjoying the California Sun.
So Sunny!
We went to my cousin R.J.'s ranch....
Eating some horse cookies-true story.
Then Brayd decided to share with the horsies.
Porter looks a little nervous. Moss was SO happy to be there.
R.J. introducing the kids to the horses.
Porter really did like to pet the horses. He was a little disappointed when he couldn't ride.
Poor Porter.

Just checkin' out the bunch.
Brayd lookin' so timid.
This horse had such crazy hair. Porter loved these little pony's.
After we were done at the ranch for the day we headed back to town and got some lunch at Taco Bell. I'm not going to lie....It was yummy! Jo with her kids, Bud, Moss, Brenden, me and my kids minus Ry-he's too cool for the mall and wanted to hang with grandma-headed to get some good deals and ride some cool toys.
See.....
Brayd with his new friends.
Madi and Porter with their good pal the pup.
Brayd with Hailee Mae.
When dinner was ready we headed back to Uncle Craig and Aunt Sherry's house where we had a Thanksgiving dinner. And Wine and Beer! But not us Utahns:)
Our fun began when the Karaoke machine was busted out!
Brenden loved the puppies so much!
Ry with grandma. They were buds for the evening.
Karaoke is a tradition with my dads family so we had quite the singing going on.
Apparently Ry loved my cousins shoes enough to take a picture of them.
Good centering, I think.
Madi even got into it and sang "Love Story"
Porter and Brayd loved to sing along also.
We celebrated my dads big brother, Johns birthday while we were there.
Brayd got so so sleepy! Does this make me a bad mom?
The dog just watched Bud the whole time she shook her bootie and sang.
Porter and Grandpa singing to a song. A little different than Bud does it.
"All The Single Ladies".Saturday was the funeral. It was weird! We went to Mass.
Porter leaned over to me and said, "this doesn't even feel like a funeral." Probably because it was NOTHING like the L.D.S. funeral he went to in June for my Grandpa Nielsen. I kinda like that he could tell the difference.
After Mass we went back to have some lunch.
My baby Brayd is too cute.
See?
Don't ya think?
What would I ever do without his sweet smile?
When the mingling died down we headed back out to the ranch so Russ, Nicole, Timmy and Trini along with some others could see it that weren't there the day before. This time was even better! You'll see why:)
Loading up to get a tour.
Tuff in the back making sure the kids don't fall out.
This is why!
My cousin has 400 Avocado trees! It had been windy for a couple of days before we got there and we were able to pick up and bring home any avocados that had fallen off the trees. We were in heaven. So much that I had to ditch my shoes to be able to run down the hills and catch them.
I had so much fun!
I ran down this hill, chasing runaway avocados. They were yelling at me to just let them go, but I just kept thinking of my sister Heather that couldn't be there. It would break her heart to let an avocado go to waste:) We missed her so much on this trip!
Can you see those sucka's hanging?
Oh, it was AMAZING!!

My dad and his little brother, Craig. He's such a cool guy.
BTW....He was my photographer.
My dad with his siblings and my mom. Just missing John and Rick
Cool leg Uncle Craig!
That garbage sack and white sacks are full of the goodness!
They both gotta go potty, can you tell?
So funny!
Is this inappropriate?
So cute though.
Porter almost got a kiss from a horse!
When the sun went down and it was time for the horses to be tucked away, we headed back to do some more karaoke.
Tuff and Madi singing their little hearts out to some more Taylor Swift.
with Grandma Key in the background.
The back-up singers.
Trini, Brayd and Brenden.
Such good singers they were.
Brayd's turn to sing with Uncle Timmy.
Tuff and Porter rockin' the house.
Yep, it's me!
Ry is so serious!
Porter and Russ took a turn.
With Aunt Shelley, My dad and Aunt Cynthia.
This picture again!
Poor Brayd. At least he got in his jammies this time before he crashed.
Uncle Craig, Aunt Sherry and Uncle John.
This is me with my cousin Angela. When we were in high school she would come and hang out for weeks at a time in the summer. Things have changed and we definitely live different lives. However, she is still just as nice as ever. It was fun to hang out with her again.
Madi and Trini jammin' to Party in the U.S.A.
I had to join in....Put my hands up....
Madi and Jayden, who is Angela's daughter.
Just singing their little hearts out.
And Trini too:)
Madi had the microphone ALOT! She does love to sing like her momma! I hope she develops a better voice than me though.
My cute boys Now......
In 50 years...?
These may be two of the nicest guys on earth.....
It's true!
My baby girl got all worned out!!
My cousin R.J. put a little of his bling on the princess:)
Yep, it's huge!
We had a great time hangin' with the So. Cal Fam! They are all so nice and welcoming. We do need to get together more than once every 5 years.
I think I will make that a priority!
The best part about the whole trip may have been that Aaron shined all our stone floors while we were gone.
We came home to shiny floors.
Thanks Baby!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE that you chased an avacado down the hill! I would have done the same thing. Too bad I don't live close enough for you to share the avacados with me...YUM! Looks like oyu had a blast...and someday Braden will kill you for that picture, but it was too cute! Ha, Ha!

Unknown said...

That was such a fun trip!! Thanks for the EXTRA avocados on top of the ones I gathered treking that mountain in my heels! haha Nothing would stop us from getting one of our most favorite things, right?! And they are SOOOO delicious!! I love that you were chasing the "runaway" avocados down the hill with NO shoes hahaha. Glad we got to spend some time together this weekend. I miss seeing you all the time! And ps - your dad's side of the family is a blast!! haha