Monday, March 17, 2008

Our little Vacation

We traveled up to Liberty, Utah this last week to visit Aaron's family. This......is how we traveled. In a big 'ol Motor home. It was actually pretty nice. As you can tell by the huge smile on Ry's face HE LOVED IT!! The only seats that have seat belts are the front two captain seats. This works out nicely for my kids who absolutely HATE to be buckled up.

As I mentioned earlier my kids are awful travelers, so when this was going on in the back seat, Aaron grabbed the camera and said, "They are cute when they're sleeping. I'll keep them."
Aaron asked Ry if he would help him drive the sweet Tacoma we rented. This way we didn't have to drive around the motor home the whole time we were up there. So, of course Ry agreed. He even made sweet noises like the engine! Oh, he sure is a daddy's boy! In case you can't tell by the huge smile on Aaron's face!
I love this picture of Aaron and Ry. After the celebration of Samuel Smith's 200th birthday we were walking by the conference center and Ry of course wanted to walk on the wall. I love how Ry's little foot is up, and he's just walking next to his daddy!! (We left the other kids at grandma's with a cute little baby-sitter that the kids love. Ry was the only one that wanted to come. Lately he has had this fear of being left alone. I wonder where he got that from..........?)
At dinner on Sunday I told the kids to hold up their favorite food on their plate.....
Madison's was the Potatoes!


Porter's was the meat!


And Ry's was the broccoli..........That's MY boy!!!

Madison is reading with her Aunt Ashley who is 13 in this picture. When Aaron and I were engaged we were talking about our kids and what they would look like. He said to me, "I picture us having a little girl and her looking just like Ashley." Well, it looks like that is what we got! What do you think? We love Ashley, she is a great Aunt and a good helper! Keep up the good example Ash. Madison might just turn out A LOT like you!


I had to put this picture of Porter in because the story behind it is so cute and amazing to me! Aaron dropped my earring behind this desk like the first day we were at his parents. So, finally the last day we were up there I decided I had better find it. I looked a little bit but couldn't find it so I asked Madison and Porter to go ask grandma if she had a flashlight. Porter came up the stairs looking like this.........I laughed, then continued to look for it with the flashlight that Madison had brought up. I had looked for about 2 minutes and couldn't find it so I went on doing other things-that shows you my attention span, which we thought Porter got from me. However, Porter wouldn't quit looking, he was so determined to find it. After about 2 more minutes he yells, "I, oh, this isn't it." It was so sad, but he continued on his quest to find this earring. About 5 minutes later he yells again, "I found it mom!" He was so excited and Aaron and I were so proud of him for not giving up, but to keep on keepin' on.
GOOD JOB PORTER, I LOVE YOU!!!




First of all I have to thank Christie for taking this picture and not getting too close! This is what we finally did the last day of Spring Break! The rest of the time we were up in 5 feet of snow!! No kidding! Why did we do that? To visit family of course. We went swimming at Summit with Christie and the kids LOVED it!! Brayden didn't so much like his life jacket but he did like the water. He would stand up all proud of himself then hold his hands out just in time to fall and go completely under the water. As I pulled him back out all he could do was smile about it. I really do hope my kids enjoy the water because I don't! But, there dad does!! Good thing Madison and Porter are taking swim lessons. Just in time to be prepared to go boating! They are so excited!

1 comment:

Lyndsi said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Your kids are so cute... you should have a couple of more! :)