Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Daddy's Boy

While I was at Enrichment Night Ry came in from the nursery where the other kids were with him and started complaining to me about how his ear hurt. I had him sit with me and got him some food to try and distract him. It didn't work very well so I got my other babies from the nursery and we went home.
Aaron called me just after we got home and told me he was on his way home from his softball games. I told him I was going to take Ry to the doctor. He told me to wait for him and he would go with.....does that surprise anyone? I mean it's his BABY! So, we waited for Aaron to get home. Meanwhile, Ry was crying pretty hard. Aaron showed up and asked if he had time to unload the machines he had in our driveway, I told him that would be ok. So, guess who all of a sudden felt better and wanted to help his daddy? Yep, that would be daddy's boy Ry!
After all the machines were unloaded I asked Ry if he still wanted to go to the doctor, he told me he did because his ear hurt. Aaron loaded up Ry in the Yukon, and I came out to this.....

I really don't know where this connection came from, but I have to admit, I do love it!

As we were pulling out of the driveway I asked Ry if he still wanted to go to the doctor or if he would rather go to McDonald's? He smiled at me and said, "Mom, my ear doesn't hurt anymore, I want to go to McDonald's."
Needless to say before we even got to the doctor, or McDonald's Ry looked like this......

He didn't complain about his ear the rest of the night.....Aaron thinks he just missed his Daddy!!

2 comments:

The Key's said...

Ry is such a daddy's boy! haha what a cute post :) And it's crazy how much Ry is Aaron's little joy too lol. Oh and I LOVE the picture of Brayd in the rhino... with a girl lol! :) Thanks for a fun lunch date -- I was SO excited Russ and Aaron were kind enough to invite us along today -- hopefully it might happen more often?? :)

Jason and Joanna said...

how cute! what a daddy's boy!