Monday, October 18, 2010

Recital Time!

I LOVE that my kids are involved in music. I LOVE that they LOVE their teacher and she LOVES them! I think:)
They had their annual Halloween piano recital which is always a little stressful but I'm such a proud momma too.
Porter played "Yankee Doodle" he did an excellent job and was such a good 'Iron Man'. This was his first recital and he didn't seem nervous. He did tell me afterwards that he was a little nervous right before it was his time. He didn't show it and did GREAT!! Porter ultimately wants to play the guitar, but I told him he needs to get good at the piano first.
I looked over at Madi about 2 songs before it was her turn and she was "practicing". I love that she looked over because I think this is such a cute picture of her.
Madi played "Spanish Fiesta" She did GREAT also! I can't believe she has been playing for 3 1/2 years! I have very high hopes for her and the piano. I wish I could play and I am going to admit that I may be living vicariously through her. I want her to play the piano/organ, cook/bake, sing, and know how to sew. These are all traits I wish I had.
Seriously!!!!!
There is NO way there is a better piano teacher/friend out there for my kids. They both LOVE her and tell me this quite often. Madi just adores her! When Vegas was in the works she was most upset about moving because of having to find a different piano teacher. I really can't believe how much Madi looks up to her and just KNOWS she's the best. Heather is PERFECT for Porter also! He listens-so she tells me-and does a good job.
We love you Heather!!

5 comments:

Kali said...

Your kids are so creative with the stand up jet ski!
I love that you have your kiddos playing the piano (obviously). They will never regret learning how to play and it's something they will use their whole life as I'm sure you already know. Way cute costumes for cute kiddos!

Jason and Joanna said...

They did a fantastic job! Oh Porter, that kid- really, I love him so much, he can be such a monkey, but I love him. And well, you know exactly how I feel about miss Madi-ma. I love that Porty put his mask on for the last picture. Can't wait for next years recital! (really, I enjoy them) And to Piano Teacher Heather.... uhhh, hope you're ready for Hailee in a few years- she is pretty much the exact as Porter.... not Madi.

Heather said...

Holy double chin, Heather. Other than that, I love this post!!! You are much too kind, anyone could teach your kids! They are so cute and they did such an awesome job. I was so proud also. I absolutely adore those two!! You know that Madi is my favorite and I really Love Porter, He really is a good boy!! You are my favorite too. Thanks for giving me the credit, although I think it all goes to you for being such an awesome momma!!

Jessica said...

Madison has such a great talent for Paino. Bonnie and Aaron who are some wonderful parents who wants your kids to achieve anything they put their mind too it..

Unknown said...

I'm sad that we missed the recital this year! I bet both Porter and Madi did awesome!! I love that Porter plays the piano now :) When he showed me a few weeks ago, I was very impressed! He has taken after Madi and sure picked up piano very easily.