Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Porter is 5 Years Old!

This is one of my most favorite things, Madison reading to Porter. It is so good for both of them and it makes me SO happy to see them learning together. Sometimes Porter gets a little frustrated because Madison can't read fast enough! Of course, she is only in kindergarten. I don't think anything can a make a mom any more proud than this. I love my babies!I know I say this a lot, but I can't believe how much Ry loves his daddy!! He saw Aaron outside spreading cow poop and took it upon himself to go get the rake and take it to him. I swear those two just understand each other perfectly!!
Can you believe Aaron would have the crazy idea to hook Porter's long-board to the 50 motorcycle with a tie-down and let Porter drive him around the neighborhood!?!? Well, he did and Porter loved it! Do ya like Aaron's sweet shoes? Everything went fairly smoothly until Aaron was paying attention to Ryan and Porter went onto a drive-way from the street. All I can say is it is a good thing Aaron is quick on his feet or else.........

This is always an interesting time of the year. Three birthdays in 3 weeks is kind of crazy but we have now made it through 2 of them. Aaron and I have two 5 year olds! Porter celebrated his 5th birthday on Monday, March 31st. For his birthday he got a light that attaches to his head, a junior scuba-diving set, some treats, a kick board and as always his birthday outfit. Porter made the cutest comment the other day. He got frustrated with Ryan and pushed him backwards on his bike, which of course made Ryan fall down and Ry cried. I looked at Porter and before I could say anything he says, "Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm 5 now so I need to be good like Madison." Now, how could I get mad after that? Porter is really trying to be such a good boy. I really love him!

For Porter's birthday we went to Fiesta Fun Center and let the kids ride the bumper boats, go-carts and play in the arcade. We spent a couple of hours there and they loved it all!

Madison and I rode together


And Porter and Aaron rode together.

Madison and Porter were all business! Ry and Aaron had time for a picture while riding the bumper boats.

Brayden did come with and this is what he did the whole time. He thought it was the greatest!

That night we hung out with some friends for Family Home Evening and had a good little party! We were all exhausted by the end and a little ornery, but it was a good day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I LOVE YOU PORTER!


What a monkey man! Brayden's new favorite place is now on the counter. He looks a little disgusted that Aaron would take a picture of him. What a cute boy!

I always give Aaron a hard time about never taking any pictures me. Well, he tried to get a good one of my cute little baby and I, but Brayd wasn't so interested. So, HERE I AM!

Ok, so here's the story.......Ryan was busy in the kitchen and I was putting clothes away in my room when Ry starts freakin' out! He comes into my room crying and says, "The forks and spoons won't get outta the way!" I go to the kitchen to check out the problem and he couldn't get the spoon and fork dividers to cooperate with him, so he could put the knives where they belong. I help him move two dividers so he could squeeze the others in and this is what he came up with! What a dang cute little boy I have!

2 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

haha- cute pictures, and Happy 5th Birthday to Porter!!! (It's about time you did another post!)

Lyndsi said...

WAHOO! A post! A good one at that. Your fam is so dang cute. The party was good eh?! Even the "bus" ride at the end!