Thursday, May 15, 2008

We Planted a Garden!

My mom and dad sold their house and are just renting now so my dad didn't have anywhere to plant his garden. The nice daughter that I am let him plant his sweet garden in my backyard. Yeah I know it was a little tough to find a spot for it but we managed!

My most favorite garden vegetable are peas! I LOVE 'EM!! Really, I can't get enough of them. We planted like 10 rows of the yummy little things. They didn't all make it, but a lot of them did. I can't believe how much Madison, Porter and Ryan love the peas also. They take their friends out there and show them how to pick peas and pull on the "zipper" to get the peas out of the pod.


This is the first pea we picked. It was SO DELICIOUS!! And, Aaron talking on the phone. That's is weird!

This is our sweet little garden! Porter was picking the peas and taking them to Madison while she opened them and fed the babies. I was running around the track.

Madison is so cute, the other day I told her I was going to be sad when we didn't have peas anymore. She said to me, "it's a good thing we will always have peas though now, huh mom?" I guess she just figures they are like a tree. Once you plant them they stay forever. Oh, How I wish!!

3 comments:

Lyndsi said...

I love home grown peas too! YAY for peas!

Jason and Joanna said...

good job on doing the garden! maybe it will become an annual thing to do have th garden at your home? Maybe you will become pro so when mom and dad are too busy you can help us with ours! :)

Linds said...

Yay for peas! I'm jealous though...we planted pea's too and mine aren't quite to eating stage yet! I am quite new at this gardening thing so hopefully it was pea's that I planted...who knows! Maybe I'll just come steal some of yours! ha!