Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A fun trip to Texas

The day after the rodeo Aaron and I left to meet some real Cowboys and Cowgirls in Texas! That is where the Kawasaki show was this year. I told Aaron that I would start traveling with him once Brayden was a year old. Well, He's now one-in-a-half so I have run out of excuses. We had a lot of fun and it was really good for us spend some time together.

We stayed at the Gaylord Resort in Dallas. It was amazing and I loved the atmosphere!! The first time we came down to the common area to go to the opening dinner I saw this man sitting and totally thought he was a statue. I was staring back at the thing and some guy walked by and touched his hat. The "statue" pulled his head back and freaked the guy out. It was pretty entertaining.

I know you can't really tell by pictures, but seriously, his face is painted and everything!! Would you even think he is real?


Do we look sweet? I guess the new Teryx that Kawasaki is putting out is supposed to be pretty sweet. They let us demo them, and of course you have to be "safe" right? It was cool I guess..... Sometimes I like to act a little high maintenance. We got up to the machine and of course the seat is all dusty. So, I thought I would be funny and point to the seat and say, " Uh, Aaron could you wipe my seat off? It's all dusty!" You should have seen the looks I got. I'm standing there in my high heels, with my jewelry on, asking Aaron to dust off my seat. I did tell him I was totally kidding before he wiped it off. Everyone that knows Aaron knows that the dirty seat probably bothered him more than it bothered me.

That night we went to a baseball game with Aaron's sister, Aubrey and her husband Josh...The first Major league game I've ever been to. I don't even know the home team, whoever the Dallas team is. I do know they were playing the Angels? Whatever, that's not important. The tickets to get in were ten dollars each. We spent SIXTY DOLLARS on concessions. Can you believe that? There were 4 of us and we were starving! The game started at 7:05 pm. We got in to the game at 8:15 and we left at like 9:30. Obviously our intention wasn't to actually watch the game, but more to hang out and have an experience.

Aaron took this picture....Sweet huh?

Josh and Aubrey....Josh loves his peanuts.



Josh took this picture-pretty candid huh? I look fat.

This one is a little better, but doesn't have our friend "The Cracker Jacks seller" in it.

Towards the end of our vacation we hooked up with Some friends that Aaron grew up by. They live in Texas and are some of the nicest people EVER!! We went to lunch at a nice Mexican restaurant, then to Aaron's friend David's and his cute wife's house, and ended up at their parent's house. It was great fun! We even had a delicious cake for Dessert!
SO MUCH FUN, LOVED IT!

We had lots of fun and I now realize that maybe we have enough kids so I can go on fun vacations with Aaron. I don't know, maybe I will change my mind after I get back from HAWAII in 2 weeks! Probably not.

4 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

that gold man is crazy!! I can't believe he is real! I think you and aaron should have gotten a picture sitting next to him. That's pretty dang sweet! Nice picture by the cracker jacks dude too!! haha! glad y'all had a great time! And... maybe next time instead of wearing the heels and jewlery to Texas you should be all dressed up as a cowgirl! :)

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Probably better then the last time you went to Texas...aww trips to Grandma's, such good times:) Aaron did some good picture taking! Oh and you do not look fat, Joanna and I look fat:) Sorry Jo but it comes with the whole baby thing...

The Key's said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you guys had fun -- can't wait for your getaway to Hawaii :) Exciting!!

Anne said...

I think we were in Dallas the same week. Darn! I would have loved to see you. I'm glad ya 'all had a good time in the best place on earth! I'm not really a true Texan, but I've started picking up some of their slang.