Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Rainy Day in Sunny St. George?

Yesterday we had a crazy cloud burst. It just rained lightly for about 5 minutes then it really started coming down for about 10 more minutes. It was pretty crazy. In the middle of it all Porter looked at me a little freaked out and said, "What is That?" It was hailing! I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe I was actually letting them play in the rain. I know, I'm a bad mom. I just don't really like it when they aren't ready to go if we need to leave. After much thought I decided we weren't going anywhere for the rest of the night so I let them Have At It!

I don't think the smile on Porter's and Ryan's faces could get any bigger if they were in a candy store!

Brayden took cover in the Rhino. He thought it was a little too intense to actually stand in it. He just got the little random drizzles.

I guess it was worth letting the kids get all wet:)

3 comments:

The Egg-heads said...

I think taking time to play in the rain is the sign of a great mom!!! Your kids are beautiful!!! Soccer looks like a lot of fun, but Cam and I agree that Porter was always meant for the X-Games.

HeatherStout said...

You're such a good mom! My kids wanted to go out in the rain and I made them wait till it was through then they could play in the little runoff in the ditch! Sometimes I need to chill:)

Jason and Joanna said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun! It's good that you let them go out and play a little :) Good job! I think you shoulda ran out there too!!