Wednesday, February 25, 2009

About a year ago when my mom was moving out of her house she had this old Crib Mattress-or foam pad, whatever you want to call it. It's a pad that Christie-who is 20 now-use to sleep on when she was a baby. Well, Ry isn't very good at sleeping in his own bed so my mom was about to haul it off to THE DUMP when I told her I wanted it. She was very surprised but I was very serious.
I brought it home and got a mattress pad for it and a sheet. A Diego Sheet! It is now called his "Diego Bed".
Ry loves this bed and for a while he wouldn't sleep anywhere without it. When we spent the summer in Burley we even had to take it up there with us.
Every night I lay Madison and Porter clothes out for them to wear the next day. This way they can just bring their clothes down in the morning and I don't have to go upstairs. Well, Ry was feeling a little left out a couple of months ago so I started laying his out too.
Last night we had to take Aaron his soccer stuff so Ry fell asleep in the car for about 20 minutes. I thought he would just come home and go back to sleep after I put him in his bed. Well, about 10 minutes later he yelled my name so I went over by the stairs and this is what I saw....

Ry was hauling his bed downstairs! He said to me, "Mom, I put my clothes on my bed to bring them down too".

I love my baby Ry!

4 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

LOL- love how you tore pieces out of the ends on Porters hat to match the one that one of the babies tore LOL NICE! But cute picture!

Ry is so funny... at least you didn't have to haul the bed down yourself, and you didn't have to go up stairs to get his clothes in the morning :) I guess he knows you well enough to know that you would make him go back up stairs anyway.

Keisha said...

Thats so cute!lol What a cute boy!

Lyndsi said...

He is getting so big! Thats cute though.

The Key's said...

oh this brings back good memories :) he LOVES that bed! And always had to have his Diego blanket too... such a cute boy :) He sure loves his bed - and Diego!!