Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day for my Baby!

A little over 8 years ago Aaron asked me to marry him! I said Yes of course. We were originally going to get married on March 9, 2001. Well, Aaron couldn't wait, and neither could I. So we moved the date up to February 16, 2001. After being married and realizing that our wedding date is REALLY close to Valentine's Day we decided that I would be in charge of planning Valentine's Day and Aaron would be in charge of our Anniversary. So far it has worked our really well.
For Valentine's Day this year I realized that the kids were old enough to participate and besides, they love doing things for him just as much as I do. My sisters and I were brainstorming last week and thought this up.....

I'm sad the picture turned our blurry, my camera was on the wrong mode. Brayd's little face looks so cute poking up above the poster board. This is what it said.....

Dear "Mr. Goodbar",
We are so glad you married our "mamba".
She knows you are the whopper of all "whopper's.
Even though sometimes we make it a "milky way"
You always "take 5" for your "sugar babies.

We "skore'd" the best dad Ever! There is never
a "gobstopper" to our fun! We always have "skittles"
of fun with you! Better than a shopping "spree".
We know our dad isn't a "milk dud".

You always do fun "twix" with us.
You are worth more than "100 Grand"
and you always keep the money "rolo"'n in for us.
We "crunch" at times, and "kit kat" and sometimes
are "airheads" but someday it will be your "payday".

You are an "almond joy" and we have "mounds" of fun
with you! Thanks for making "junior mints".
You were "York"(mint) to be our dad, and we were
"mentos" to be a family. You are "extra" special and
are raising "M&M"(mighty and marvelous) "starbursts".
You are our "lifesaver" and our "sweettarts".
Happy Valentine's Day Dad!

The kids were so excited to help put it together for Aaron and they did an excellent job presenting it!

We then gave Aaron his presents...

Ry took this picture of Aaron opening his new tie and Cuff links holder.


Here are the kids showing off what we gave him. Ry has a book, Porter has the tie, Cuff link holder and Cuff links, Brayd has the gift card to the Book Store and Madison has the other pair of Cuff links.

After presents we went to lunch with the kids then to find a new bedspread for the new bedroom set Aaron bought me-I LOVE IT- I'll post picture of it later. That night we went to a movie and dinner-Aaron's favorite thing to do.

It was a very fun Valentine's Day!
I love Aaron so much. He is such an amazingly intelligent person and an even better provider and husband. He loves our babies and sometimes I have to calm him down while he is getting the them excited! Especially at bedtime.
I am So thankful for him and ALL that he does for our little family.
I LOVE YOU BABY!

3 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

cute cute cute!! I'm so glad you had a fantastic Valentines Day!

Keisha said...

You and Aaron always do such cute things for eachother!I love it! I remember when madison had short hair it was so cute!She's growing up so fast!She's so cute and patient when your mom comes to get her hair done.I'm glad you both decided to keep it long its so pretty long! I love the bangs! I've been wanting to cut my hair real bad its been long for way to long! its time to cut it! I'm going to visit Jos at the salon after the wedding!

The Key's said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Cute Valentines idea :) You are so creative!! I hope you and Aaron have such a fun day! Here's to a happy 8 years - and many more to come :) You have such a cute family and I love you all!! Thanks for always making me feel so welcome :)