Saturday, July 3, 2010

Celebration of Independence Day.

We have now made it a tradition to be in Liberty on the 4th of July. Karen puts on a soccer tournament, the fam plays in a volleyball tournament. And, believe it or not you can actually spend ALL day outside in the sun. It's not too hot!
We start out the morning by riding in the parade and eating breakfast....
Tay took care of Ry.
Aaron had Brayd and Madi, while Grandpa took on Porter.
Since Porter was about 3 Porter has wanted to do the Mutton Bustin'.
I've always told him next year, but this year I gave in.
Porter loved ridin' this little sheep.
He hung on for about 3 seconds. After it was over I asked him how it was........
He said, "I kept bashing my head on the sheeps head, good thing I had a helmet on!"
I'm glad he had a good time.
Our annual 4th of July family picture in the park.
Aaron helping his mom set up for the soccer tournament.
Then Porter wanted to do the "Chicken Chase".
The funny thing is, the one he ended up chasing was one of grandma's.
Heading out to the line.....
Waiting for the "go ahead"
Chasing a chicken......
No, this one looks better!
This picture is taken just before he dived!
It was hilarious, but he missed-thankfully!
Ry and Porter joined in on the gunny-sack racing.
Porter won this one.
Porter told us, "someone was getting close to me, so I bumped HER and she fell over".
Yes, we did have a talk about pushing over girls.

Brayd just ate snow cones.
Aaron, Chase, Taylor, Kara, Brianne and Ashley were a soccer team and they did very well.
They took 3rd place against 13 teams.
Wasn't too bad for having an old man on their team:)
Chase in Action.
Aaron working some kids over with his "mad" skills.
Ry and Brayd trying to entertain themselves for the 6 hours that their dad was playing sports and their mom was watching.
Serious!
Aaron was the Ref for the final game.
It was actually pretty cute!
We made it home in time to have some dinner, iron clothes for the holy sabbath and rest for about 30 minutes. Then, it was back to the park for fireworks. Karen and Lin were exhausted so just the kids that were here for soccer went to the park and watched the fireworks together. Kara, Adam and their family sat on the chairs, while the rest of us-Ry, Aaron, Porter, Madi, me, Brayd, Tim, Brianne, Ashley, Chase and his lady, Brianne, were laying on blankets on the floor in a nice little row. I wish I would have gotten a picture, but it was dark and I didn't have my camera.
I am thankful for the country we live in and especially thankful that I have such a great family to celebrate with!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

2 comments:

Lyndsi said...

How fun for you guys! Porter kills me. Glad you're home now!!! You looked super cute today!

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

It was so fun to see you when you were in Burley. Now I guess it's your turn to take care of my boy... (just this weekend...) He loves you guys! Thanks for being a great influence on him and helping him out. We're forever grateful. Your family is adorable and we just love ya all!