Monday, July 5, 2010

A Visit With Grandma Nielsen

While my mom was staying with Grandma Nielsen after the passing of Grandpa, we decided to stop in for an overnighter while on our way home from Burley. We did a little shopping and did a little fireworks! It was very fun and I think grandma enjoyed a little excitement!
First the kids did some little poppers which grandma said she'd never seen and had a good time watching them.
Cute kids so excited for fireworks!!
Throwing their "poppers".
Ry showing us how many he is going to throw.
He wanted a loud noise.
Porter running SO SO fast to get more!
After the poppers were all done we moved on to the cool worms. My dad used to do these all the time when we were little and I loved them.
Porter was such a good helper and wanted to light them ALL!!
The worms grew so big!
I still love these.
Ry and Brayd found these Care Bears of grandma's and loved to play with them.
They are such good friends. I'm so glad they can keep each other busy.
My Eye!!
Thanks Ry:)
Grandma Key then made some yummy cookies that had way more chocolate chips in them then I EVER remember growing up!
Grandma Nielsen cut up the walnuts to go in them.
While we waited for the cookies to cook the kids brought in the salt for Grandma Nielsen.
I do love my boys and I love that they are getting more and more capable every day!
It was fun to have a sleep over at Grandma Nielsen's and even better that Ry could sleep through the night and not suffer from the "onion soup" that Grandpa Key made last time:)

No comments: