Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nuggets and Fries!

Growing up, to hear "nuggets and fries" was the best answer to "Mom, What's for dinner tonight?"
Whenever my mom was not in the mood to cook my dad would either bring home nuggets and fries, or better than that was my mom would just take bags of them out of the freezer-we were always stocked up-and cook them up at our own home! I love the memories of my dad working at McDonald's.
We have been trying to get some frozen bags of them for a while now but everyone says they can't do it anymore. Well, we found a lady that we all worked with that was SO generous to get us some.
So, we went to breakfast at McDonald's.
We ended up being there for over an hour and the kids loved it!!
After picking up our "Goods" we headed home and prepared for or nuggets and fry party. All my sisters and their kids came, along with Moss and Jason. Then Tuff and Russ showed up a little later. Russ is watching his figure so he didn't eat, but Tuffness did!!
We had a good time and the memories it brings back are amazing.
As for Heather.......
She was the cook for us all, then she made hers and mine in the oven-just like the good 'ol days!
"These are the best of times"
They make me smile.....

2 comments:

Keisha said...

I remember hearing memories of McDonald's:)and Russ is watching his figure? LOL I don't know if I believe that you NEED to be watching your figure Russell. You guys are so much fun!! Thats great you found a lady that you all used to work with and even better that she hooked ya up with some some "goods"!:)

Heather said...

That is so funny because that is totally what I made for my kids for dinner tonight. Thanks to you for letting me in on some nuggets! You're the best!!! Oh Bonnie, What am I gonna do???