Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bonnie's Birth(weekend).....

If this birthday is any sort of preface to how this year is going to be than I'm going to have an AWESOME ONE.......
This, quite possibly has been my BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! It all started on Friday night......We went to dinner with Brent and Heather at Outback. It was great of course! After dinner the plan was to go shopping for Ryan's birthday which is on Wednesday, but because we are leaving for DISNEYLAND on Monday, we wouldn't have time to shop any other time. Well, when dinner was dying down Aaron was hinting that he wanted to go to a movie, not shopping. What happened from then, until Heather and I were running to my car was all a blur. I do remember Aaron telling us to go shopping for ourselves-pretty much to go on a shopping spree!! We were so excited but we had less than an hour to get some good stuff!! So, we headed to Maurices of course!
The next hour was a BLAST!! There is nothing better than shopping with your best friend on someone else's dime:)
After our time was up and the mall was closing we did make it to Wal-Mart to get Ry some presents.
Saturday was filled with more shopping and fun! I went to Vegas with some friends from my ward. It was so fun to get to know these cute ladies better. We pretty much shopped until we dropped! We all decided we are old. That's o.k. we have accepted it.
This is the result of shopping! I had so much fun and am excited to wear all my goods!

This morning I woke up-early of course! I can't seem to sleep in on my birthday. EVER!!
Aaron got up about a half hour later and told me I was a grandma because I can't sleep in. It might be true.
Ry was in charge of the still camera....
My face after seeing the decorated kitchen:) Aaron even filled balloons with helium from his work. He makes me smile.
Porter the camera-man.
All set up with my breakfast. Aaron made me a most delicious omelet with 8 egg whites, mushrooms, tomatoe and cheese. Complete with wheat toast and a bottled water! He's the best!!
Check out that food!
And the cute boy behind me:)
Aaron cooked up the egg yolks for the kids. The other boys didn't like theirs so Ry took care of them.
That's a good eater Ry!
I then got to open my presents...I got some Avril Lavigne perfume, a gift card to Maurices, a blender and a Kitchen Aid. As a mom, I'm really excited for the kitchen stuff. Of course they are both "Professional Grade" I guess when you marry someone that always wants what is best I benefit from it!
Madi was so cute to make me a necklace and some earrings. The necklace is the one that I am wearing. One day while I was napping she measured my neck-I love this girl-. She put all the kids names on it. She then wrote me a card. At the bottom she had erased something so I looked closely and it said....
P.S. Porter and Brayden didn't love you enough to write their names....
She told me she was mad when she wrote.
I laughed so hard. They did end up writing their names. That is so something I would say. Maybe she is a little like me....
I do need to thank my mother-in-law.....She taught Aaron that birthdays are a HUGE deal! She loves them and makes a HUGE deal out of every one of her kids birthdays. I'm so glad that Aaron was raised by her....
It is 10 o'clock in the morning on my birthday and it has already been an awesome one!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That really was the funnest thing ever. I'm still in shock that Aaron did that just to see a movie!!
I'm so glad that you've already had an awesome Birthday. You deserve it. You are such a wonderful friend and person. I know that this will be an awesome year for you, how could it not be:) I sure love you, you're my favorite!!!

Jessica said...

Happy birthday! Madison has the cutest ideas for presents. You taught her well!

Melissa said...

Happy, Happy birthday! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! I'm glad you had a great day! We miss you so much!

Nielsen Family said...

Happy Birthday Bonnie! Glad you had such a great morning, and hope the rest of the year is just as great!