Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Rodeo!

It was "Dixie Round-up" time in St. George again! The rodeo for me is one of those things that I always did as a kid so I go. Not because I like it, but because it's tradition. A little popcorn in a brown papers-well, plastic this year- sack with too much oil and salt. Those are the kind of memories I will never forget.
As we were walking to the arena this big thing was there...

The nice guard let the kids go in and check it out. Porter and Ryan were able to poke their little heads out of the holes.
Madison and Brayd hung out in the bottom area of the big tank.

I usually just post pictures with my kids or Aaron and I in them but this was too cute...

Aaron made the comment that in a couple of years this will be Russ' and Nicole's life.
I can't wait!!
Apparently I needed to be more worried about Russ looking at the camera. Not the babies.

Just Aaron and Brayd hangin' at the rodeo.

My dad started this tradition that every year all the kids that hopefully won't get lost go on a walk with him. They get excited about their walk.

You can kind of see Madison Ry Porter and my dad in this picture. Heather's kids were too fast at getting down the stairs so they aren't in the picture but they did go.

When Ry came back from the walk he handed me my dads phone. I didn't know what it was all about until Ry told me that it was in case he got lost grandpa could call him.

Ry loves his grandpa, he is such a good helper too. This last week Ry went up for an evening and helped grandpa plant his garden. In his prayers today he even prayed for the "Russell Sprouts and the Peas". He may be a devoted gardener. There's nothing wrong with praying for your crops right?

3 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

Good freakin times at the St. George Rodeo! I love that it's a tradition that we have all kept. It is some good times, that's for sure. And heck ya, nothin better than mom and dad's popcorn!! By the way, love the picture of Russ, Nicole, and the babies. Very cute!

Heather said...

I love the pictures Bonnie. It looks like you guys had a great time. It seems like we haven't hung out in a long time. We will be in town this Friday if you guys want to go out. Your kids are adorable.

The Key's said...

haha that is the funniest picture! Russ will be such a good daddy :) It's always fun to watch him interact with all his nieces and nephews. I'm glad I get to start in on the tradition and go to the rodeo with all of you. Being from the city I never did stuff like that and I had so much fun!