Thursday, September 3, 2009

Smart Kids!

I always get a little nervous around SEP time. I never know what the teachers are going to say about my kids. I found out I had NOTHING to worry about! Madison and Porter are both doing very well and reading WAY above their grade level.

First we went to Porter's class. Mrs. Decker said Porter has the BEST handwriting in the class. I was very proud of Porter for this. My dad always tried to make me write better but I didn't care. Now I wish I would have.The one thing the teacher asked him to do that he couldn't was count by 5's. I taught him this when Madison was in kindergarten apparently he forgot. We got him refreshed and by the time we got home from the school he had it down. Porter's teacher is very impressed with him and I'm happy to say after his "yellow" light at the first of the year there have been NO problems!
Good Job Porter Man.
I know you can do it!
-sit still that is-
Madison's SEP went for about 5 minutes. I walk in, the teacher says she's an angel, asks if there is anything I have to talk about and we leave. I am happy to say though that Madison has 4 really good friends in that class. That is the ONLY thing I worry about with her. I don't want her to be SO shy! Aaron did ask the teacher about some Math we could work on with Madison also. Apparently Aaron was THE fastest at addition in his class when he was in 1st grade. Imagine That!
After we got home Aaron got on the computer with Madison and did some addition while I sat down with Porter and worked on his sight words. As soon as Porter and Madison were done working very hard I put Porter's words away and said,"Let's go get ice cream and rent Home Alone".
They were very excited about this!

Every kid needs a little recognition for doing good.

My Babies LOVE their ice cream!

So does my different Baby and I

I am excited for this school year and how much ALL my babies are going to learn!

2 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

good work little ones! and while you were there learning how smart your 2 oldest are, the 2 youngest were with their favorite aunt joanna learning how to fly a kite in the lightening ;)

Keisha said...

Thats awesome that you had nothing to worry about with Porter and Madison! Just might need to worry about your two youngest with jo learning how to fly a kite in the lightening!lol;) I can't believe Ry is old enough to go to school!He looks so cute all "pimped out":)Happy Birthday to Aaron! I can't stop laughing at the pictures of Aaron "observing" porter! LOL Cute family!