Monday, October 19, 2009

Fun Family Night

Halloween is by far my least favorite Holiday. The only reason I would even think about liking it is because it kinda kicks off my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year. However, I try to be good about it because my kids love it of course and it is fun dressing the kids up. That is, once you get past the stressful part of figuring out what each kid is going to be. I am such a mean mom and I don't let them be anything scary. I like the "cute" stuff.
I know I'm kind of a naughty about this but I do try to make it fun for the kids.
So, Aaron helped the kids each pick out their pumpkins while I was getting my hair done one night.

First, Aaron drew faces on the pumpkins with permanent markers so the kids could paint them.

Then the kids got to work on painting them.

Brayd did a great job of painting his pumpkin.
Brayd's first comment when I put the paint in front of him was, "this is messy". Wow, what to do about this kid!!

Ry's turned out beautiful!

Madison's of course turned out pretty close to perfect!!

Well, Ry was proud of his until he saw Porter's and wanted his fixed. That is why he is mad in the picture.
So, Aaron got off the computer and came to help fix Ry's beautifulness......

And....the final product!
He's happy again

Porter did do a great job at painting his. It was pretty sweet looking and he did it all by himself!

While the kids painted their pumpkins I made delicious caramel apples......

And, we all enjoyed them!!

I'm for sure going to keep up with the "painting" of the pumpkins. I'm not lovin' the idea of pumpkin guts all over my house and the kids. I think the kids enjoyed the painting more because they were able to do it all!! The only thing I did miss was the eating of the pumpkins seeds. I guess I will have to take the pumpkins up to my dad and make the mess at his house:)
He doesn't care!!
My mom does:(

2 comments:

Keisha said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Brings back fun memories for me. My family has always painted pumpkins we still do it every year. Its less messy. Your kids did a very good job:)

Kali said...

MMMM! Caramel apples are the BEST! Looks like you did great for not really liking Halloween!