Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Marathon Man!

Aaron decided to run the marathon again this year. Since last year he trained for a total of 2 weeks he thought he would train this year and see what he could do after training. Well, apparently not a good idea! He got 45 Minutes BETTER last year.
My poor man was all geared up, excited and ready to go. We went out for a pasta dinner with friends that were running and got him all carbed up. The night before I asked him who he was going to run with, and he said he was going to stick with Brent. I told him I would be VERY impressed if he finished with him.
Well, we got to the finish line at about 9:45 Saturday morning. We weren't expecting him so early but last year I missed him finishing so I was nervous.
We sat and waited and waited.....

Brent West came in around 3 hours and 50 minutes but Aaron was not in sight. So......
We Waited.

Even Hailee Mae and Brenden joined in on the "FUN!"
Madison watched on grandpa's shoulders.

Then we finally saw him coming.......And Jason too!

Then Jason pulled over to cheer!

Mitch-whom he finished with-uddering some encouraging words I'm sure!

And finally across the finish line! With a time of 5 hours and 3 minutes.
Whoops! Not exactly what he was hoping for, but still finished.

This is where I asked Aaron what happened. He told me that he was running with Brent until about mile 13. He started feeling sick so he didn't eat or drink anything and got dehydrated. Bad idea huh? So for the next 13 miles he pretty much ran straight legged! Poor guy. But, he finished it and that is what matters!

Just my baby and I! At least I got to watch him cross the finish line this time:)

4 comments:

The Key's said...

Good work Aaron!! I sometimes think I want to do that, but then I always chicken out. But I'm so impressed he's done it two years in a row! And good job being there to cheer him on :) At least you had lots of family there to keep you company huh? It was fun to watch him and Mitch come in to the finish line!

Keisha said...

HE IS CRAZY!!! Good Job to Aaron tho! He has done it 2 times now!! Pretty Aweosome! Good to see and talk to you guys there. Your pictures with everyone in their whites is awesome!I bet it was the best feeling! My family will be complete when my brother gets married...I can't wait!( I think it will be a while he's still has a year left on his mission and who knows how long it will take for him to find the onehaha)I have the same dress as you guys too haha FUN;)Doing your mom and dad's hair last week was pretty funny we had good laughs!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Atleast you got to see him finish! THat is great he was ABLE to finish. I would have given up.

Jason and Joanna said...

I'm very impressed, Aaron! And good work supporting him Bonnie... I can't imagine running the marathon, but I'm very impressed by all the people that do it! I think he should try one more time.