Monday, August 9, 2010

My Awesome Kids!

Our life seems to be getting crazier by the minute. My incredibly adventurous and spontaneous husband keeps throwing new ideas of vacations and moving happenings at me and it did me in!
Last Tuesday night I got back to St. George from looking around for a place to live in Vegas while Aaron drove to Idaho. I just was not feeling good at all. I was discouraged, disappointed and just tired of not being able to make a decision on a place to live. My throat started hurting on Wednesday night and by Thursday evening I was bedridden with my 4 kids taking care of me.
I had been hanging out with my sisters and just thought I caught the "bug". When Porter asked what was for dinner I told him he needed to make himself some dinner. He made ramen noodles for everyone. He was so excited!! The kids got to watch t.v. ALL NIGHT! At about 10 o'clock the kids got themselves ready for bed. Madi brushed Brayd's teeth and said an article of faith and Porter prayed. Just before the prayer I was assigning out jobs when Porter came and asked me where the 12 FREE Butterfingers go. He said he was going to make the kitchen look "nice". My Porter is such a good boy:)! My dad came over just after that and said the kitchen looked so nice that he felt obligated to put away the mess he had made-that mess was finding me the right medicine.
Somehow I got through the night and was feeling a bit better by morning. I can't remember the last time I spent ALL DAY in bed. This day I did. Bud brought me some ice cream and diagnosed me with Strep Throat. I didn't believe her. Then, I went to the instacare and THEY diagnosed me with Strep Throat. I believed them.
I am now on the mend and feel one hundred gazillion times better! I am very thankful for my health and am happy that I am as healthy as I am. One thing I did realize through this is that my babies are such good helpers and really are compassionate. I found out Porter likes it when I'm sick because he gets to watch shows all day and Madi told me to just not think about it and it won't hurt so bad! Thanks Babies....

4 comments:

Heather said...

You poor thing. You should've called me. I know you have family around but just because you're moving doesn't mean you can get rid of me that easy.
What sweet kids you have. They really are good kids and it's because you are such an awesome mom and they have learned from your example of how to serve others. I can't count how many times you have come to my rescue.
Oh Bonnie, I'm gonna miss you so much, the tears are starting to flow (just call me Julie)!
I'm glad that you are doing better. I sure love you and I've missed your posts!!!

Lyndsi said...

I'm glad you're feeling better too! Yeah lady! You should have called someone. We could have taken the children at least for a little while until you needed them! I too will miss you. You are such a trooper and just go with the flow of things. Oh how I wish I was you when it came to things like that! Good luck and let me know if you need anything while you pack and stuff!

Kali said...

What sweet kids!

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

Too bad you didn't listen to me...oh wait you would of missed out of quality time with your Mom taking you to the Dr. like the good old days:) But I would of just told you to drink more salt water til it when away until giving you the good drugs the Dr. did. Good thing you have nice kids too:)