Monday, November 14, 2011

So far.....

I had my appointment and everything went well! Aaron will come to an appointment when it is exciting. Probably the ultrasound. That is o.k. with me though. Dr. Winward, who delivered Brayden and Ryan is my doctor and she is just as nice as can be. She did my annual exam then checked on the baby. She knew she wouldn't be able to hear the baby's heartbeat and asked if there was any reason why we should do an ultrasound. I told her I had been having gas pains, so she checked me out and thought she felt a cyst. So she wanted to do an ultrasound. There was nothing there, my bladder was just full. We did get to see the little flutter of the heartbeat and my little baby growing. That was good to see. My due date is June 14, 2012. Flag Day!
So far this pregnancy has been so much different than I can remember of my other 4. I am sick a lot more and just tired. I have to eat ALL the time and I'm getting to be a big 'ol mama! I have decided I can make one of two choices. Eat and be bigger than I would like to be, or not eat, maybe be a little thinner but live on the couch. I have chosen the first option for it is a lot better for my kids. I quite like steak and salads at this point in my pregnancy. I am very happy eating a big juicy steak. I am having issues with my digestive system, thanks to the prenatal vitamins I am taking-I guess it's too much iron for my body to handle. So, Aaron looked up on how to fix this problem of mine. I'm supposed to eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones. I can't overeat. I should stay away from white rice and bread. I need to eat lots of leafy greens, beans and peas. Don't forget the whole grains also!
I think the biggest change in this pregnancy is how Aaron is.....he is so so so so nice to me, he doesn't get bugged and is there for my EVERY want, need or desire. He is patient when I am trying to decide what to eat and is willing to rub my feet and tickle my head always!! Maybe we should have waited 10 years to have kids:).
The kids are so excited! After we told them for the next couple of days all Madi wanted to do was look at baby stuff. She is very excited along with the boys. Porter says the least of course and Brayd and Ry just comment once in awhile about how my baby is getting "BIG" they usually say this as they are touching my tummy. I hope they all adjust well and are happy to see the baby.
My mom is 100% sure we are having a girl. Aaron's mom has also had dreams of us having a girl. So, I'm betting on a girl but I would be just as happy with a boy. I know boys, I can be real with boys and I love my boys! However, my Madi needs a sister and a baby girl would be so fun to dress and cuddle also. Either way I will be happy. I just want a baby to love and hold.
I'm excited to see what comes and am more excited to be 2 weeks away from the 2nd trimester. I just want to feel good again!

No comments: