Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'D A NEVER THUNK IT!!!

Exactly 13 days before the St. George Marathon Aaron's friend called him and said he wasn't going to be able to run the marathon and wanted to know if Aaron would do it for him...........That is how it all began!
We were in Texas at the time, so Aaron said he would see.....We got back Monday and that night Aaron decided to attempt 3 miles. He did it!!!! So for the next 13 days this is how his schedule went
Monday night-3 miles
Tuesday morning-4 miles
Tuesday night-3 miles
Wednesday morning-3 miles
Wednesday night-6 miles
Thursday - Aaron thought he might want a pair of RUNNING shoes-Yes, for the past 3 days he had been running in his skater shoes. Then that night he ran 3 miles. Imagine this-He told me when he got home that it was like night and day running in those shoes.
Friday-Took off to prepare for Saturday
Saturday morning/afternoon in the heat of the day with no water-14 miles
Sunday-off
Monday-off
Tuesday morning-5 miles
Wednesday-off
Thursday-off
Friday-off
I never thought he would do it. I knew he could because anyone that knows Aaron knows that he can do anything he wants to.
Saturday morning, October 4th, 2008 came and it was raining!!! I couldn't believe it but Aaron got up at 4 o'clock A.M. and headed out the front door with my aunt and her friend. All morning it rained and I kept thinking about my poor boy. He did finish the race and his time was.............. 4 hours and 12 minutes.
I was SO proud!!!

Good Job Baby, You Did It! And you are a pretty Sexy Man.

Aaron's biggest Fan's. We were so proud.


Getting his time checked. They put this little thing on their shoelaces so when they crossed the starting line the time would start. It was a pretty cool little thing.



Aaron telling Russ and Travis about the long journey back to us.

Aaron heading back to the car after all the excitement was over. After we made it home Aaron thought for sure he was just going to die. Then he told me the story about how the first guy to run the marathon died. That was a nice touch. Obviously Aaron didn't die but he told me to never let him do that again. Probably if he trained a little better and had more than just a bowl of frosted flakes and those goo packets in his stomach he would have been a lot better off.
What do you think?
I love you Baby!!

2 comments:

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

Yeah Aaron is pretty much crazy, I could never do anything like that. Good job at being a good cheerleader! Don't worry Aaron will be home before you know it:)

Jason and Joanna said...

He is so awesome! I still can't believe he did it, but at the same time I'm not surprised. That's a really good job, Aaron!! Congratulations!! Oh ya, and of course he couldn't have done it without your support bonnie! :)