Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Best Christmas Present EVER!!

SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR.....

This year Aaron and I decided that we wanted to help others instead of buying tons of not-needed toys and STUFF for our kids. So, we thought.............and prayed...........and talked..........Our family and Aaron's brothers, sisters and parents decided to help out Aaron's sister whose husband just had heart surgery. They are the sweetest family. I just love Kara, she is such a good mom. Patient, loving and nurturing. Her husband, Adam is too cute. He is quiet but he might be the only one outside of my siblings that tell me to calm down and stop yelling so much. What the Heck? I'm not loud! Am I? Together they have 2 boys. Alex is 2 and Parker is 6 months. What a cute family.
We planned to give them food storage. Out of everything I could ever ask for I would love food! Not only because I love to eat but because it just gives me this calm sense of security. So, we thought they would like the same.
I went to the cannery, Aubrey, Chloe, Kennedy, Karen, Brayden I and Madison went shopping at Macey's, Costco and Wal-Mart. SO FUN!! Seriously, we had so much fun!!

Madison and her cousin Chloe.

Aaron and his dad and little brother Taylor putting together the shelves that Chase was in charge of getting to hold all the food(Chase had to work so he couldn't be there to help set everything up but we were so grateful for what he did do).

Me, Kris, Ashley, Porter and Aubrey with alot of the food we got.

Ashley hauling food down to it's storing spot.

Cute Kris and Aaron with the food from the cannery.

I didn't get a picture of these cute kids in action, but they took a lot of the food downstairs for us. Good Work Kids!!


Most of the workers......


And Aubrey and I
After it was all said and done this is what we came up with. It gave us chills just looking at.

This too!! Cute girl standing next to it all!!

Ashley made the cute sign that pointed them in the right direction


AND THE CARS THAT CARRIED IT ALL.........

Food from Macey's

Food from Costco and Wal-Mart

Cannery Foods

And The Shelves!!


I couldn't believe how fun this was!! From the planning, to shopping and the actual setting up!! This is going to stick at the top of the list as the most memorable Christmas EVER!! I recommend it to everyone. Just to help others out is such a good feeling and you will never forget it!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

After all this excitement we went down to Salt Lake to celebrate Kris' Birthday. We went to The Garden for Lunch, then to get some chocolate. It was fun to hang out with " Just Girls"

Here is Madison at the restaurant. She's getting to be such a Big Girl!!

Eating DELICIOUS rolls with her sweet Aunt Ashley

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS, WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: