Friday, December 12, 2008

Not Much Is Happening Around Here.....

So, you would think that it's the holidays so everyone is so busy doing all sorts of fun stuff to post about right? Well, I have noticed that I am not the only one that hasn't been keeping up on my blog so that does make me feel better. Maybe in January life will slow down and everyone will post of their December festivities? Geese, I didn't even post about Thanksgiving, Christie and Brenden's shower, or Hailee's blessing. The low-down is......

THEY WERE ALL GREAT!!

My family all lives in town so we pretty much get together every Sunday. It was still fun to have Thanksgiving Turkey and all the fixin's. I didn't take any pictures. Although, I should have of Russ' truck. Aaron, Russ and Porter were getting a little stir crazy by about 6 o'clock on Thanksgiving night so they took Russ' Tacoma out to the sand dunes and played in the mud like little boys! Aaron and Russ had a good time and Porter did also. I think he had a better time thinking he was big enough to hang out with the big boys than the actually muddy hill climbing. That was a little scary for him.
Madison, Ryan, Brayd and I just pretty much hung out with grandma and grandpa and all the aunts, uncles and cousins that were there.

Christie's shower turned out really good. She got some way good stuff and we cooked up some delicious soups. Heather made the invitaions which of courses turned out SO cute.!Oh, and Joanna made some good cheesecakes and picked out some very delicious bread bowls. Good Job Jo, Good Job!!
Hailee's blessing was wonderful. Jason did a good job at blessing her and it was very cute. We then went to my mom's and ate crepe's. DELICIOUS!! We all got there at about 10:30 a.m. and left at about 5:00 p.m. It was a lot of fun. I love that my family lives so close and we get together so much.

Can you see what is on my entertainment center, and flying through my kitchen?



I got home from picking up Madison from school and Porter told me there was a BIRD in our house. I couldn't believe it! My sisters always tease me that they feel like they are in the forest in my house because of my plants, but I never believed them....NOW I DO!!
I don't know how it got in, but after us watching the little guy for about 15 minutes, it chirping while sitting on my shutters and looking out the window, it finally made it's way outside. It was pretty entertaining and the kids loved it!
Joanna called me during the chaos and I told her it was kinda fun having a bird flying around my house. To which she responded......"Yeah, until it starts pooping!" Good point! That is when I started trying to get our little friend out. Farewell our friend.........

After we were safe and no bird poop was going to end up on our Christmas cookies we started frosting.... I though I got a picture of Madison but I didn't...Sorry baby!

Ry pretty much put TONZ of sprinkles on his-which you can't see here because by this time I had already thrown them away so they didn't end up on my floor-then ATE them.

Porter is concentrating very hard. Madison decorated and gave him the heart cookie on his plate.
What a nice sister!
Porter is decorating a stocking.

Well, hopefully I will keep up on our festivities a little better.....

No comments: