Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas was Great!!

Christmas Day was really good this year.....As I have mentioned in previous posts we didn't spend tonz of money. The kids each got one present from Santa, on one from Aaron and I and one from each of their siblings. I think it turned out really well. I have been known to give my kids so many presents that they get bored of opening them before they are all opened.

This is what Santa left for the kids....Madison got a barbie house, Porter got a remote control truck, Ryan got a Tonka truck and Brayden got the little green motorcycle sitting on the chair. Believe it or not they were all VERY excited about their presents!


This is a little something Aaron's family would always do before going in to see what Santa brought. I quite like it. I think I will carry this tradition on along with so many others that the Smith Family has.

All of the family got a Christmas Outfit also. Here is Ry in his. What a cute face!

Grandma and Grandpa along with Russ joined us for the opening of presents this year. I guess they figure things are a little boring around their houses. So they have started making the rounds to different houses. Last year was Heather and I'm sure next year will be Jo!

Porter ABSOLUTELY LOVES his "monster truck" He wouldn't leave it's side all morning. He even got behind in opening presents because he loved this one so much.

Brayd loved the ride grandpa is giving him in Ry's Tonka Truck. Those things are built like bricks!

Grandma and Madison had so much fun putting together all the furniture in "The Barbie House"

After the excitement was over at our house we headed to grandma and grandpa's for some breakfast......This is Brayd's stool

Then we got a family picture....All in our Christmas Outfits....I think we're cute!

Just the kids! I can't believe all my babies are finally getting the stage that they can stand and all look at the camera at the same time!! That's Amazing!



After picture time we opened our presents the Grandma and Grandpa had for us.....

Madison got a bead set that she likes so much....


Ryan and Porter got some learning games......Brayd got some fun puzzles. I'm sure he was off attacking the candy somewhere at picture time.

This was the most exciting part for all the kids. We gave my parents his and her bikes that they can go have fun on. They are just the simple old fashioned bikes. That's just what my mom said she wanted. My dad keeps trying to convince everyone to get everyone else a bike, so we figured that was his way of saying he wanted one!! Well, we hope we interpreted his comments the right way:) They look happy!

Russ had one of his friends come over and have a "jam session" on their guitars. I was really entertaining. After the crowd had left and the party had ended Porter got a little private lessons from Uncle Russ

Russ determined that Porter's fingers were still too small. He WILL be my guitar player someday.

And this is how Christmas ended....Well, Almost!

We then went home and started cleaning up the crazy mess that we had left our house that morning. In the middle of all the cleaning the POWER WENT OUT!! What the heck? We tried to stay calm and lit a bunch of candles. It was only out for about an hour. But, with 4 little kids it seemed very LOOOONG! However, we made it through and went to bed very thankful for power!!

1 comment:

The Key's said...

What a cute post! I love it :) And I love the cute picture of your kids and their cute bums.. I'm glad you guys had such a good Christmas! I know this sounds funny - but I miss you guys haha. I know I see you guys quite often but it's a little quiet not living there. Thanks again for everything!! You have no idea how much I appreciate your family :) Oh and p.s. LOVE the pictures of Russ and Porter. Those were my favorite on my camera lol!