Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Porter is 7!

This is always a funny time of year for me. For the next week in a half we will have 2 seven year olds, a 4 and 3 year old.
Porter was VERY excited for his birthday this year and I think he had a good day! He woke up and wanted a "flat" egg for breakfast with a candle in it.
So, that is what he got!
I hope he wished BIG.
Porter was proud of all his presents and was excited to lay them all out and get a picture......
For the last 3 years Porter has gotten the same scuba-diving set from Costco. He wears it out every year and was just as excited to receive it the 3rd time as he was the 1st.
He told me he is going to use his big towel EVERYTIME he gets out of the shower EVERY morning. Yes, Porter loves to shower and if he's naughty he gets his shower privelage taken away for the next day.
Porter will only wear t-shirts at this point in his life. He also begged me to wear his holy pants today because it was his birthday. I told him no! He still ended up wearing some with holes in them, just not as big of holes. Seriously!! "We have become white trash!"
Side note-Aaron informed me last night that gift cards to Old Navy would be showing up in the next couple of days. I asked him why and he replied, "I just want our kids to look cute!" Whoops, I guess I have been doing the wrong kind of shopping?
Porter is the only one in our family that can hula hoop. This was the first thing he played with this morning.
Porter's favorite candy bar is butterfinger and he loves wafers and BBQ chips.
We failed to get this gift before yesterday. However, it showed up UPS style today. Only after Aaron paid for overnight shipping-which was an accident and the shipping ended up costing more than the boots.
Whoops!!
He quite likes them and turns out he said he can run so much faster in these boots than his old ones. I'm not sure why that matters. Probably because the faster the better huh?
For our family party tonight we went Bowling. That is what Porter wanted to do so that is what we did! Russ and Nicole joined in on the party and we had a good time.
The Cute Birthday Boy!!
Check out that wrist!!
Porter with his Birthday dinner! Yep, mini corndogs from the Bowling Alley. That's what he wanted! Porter thinks The Upper Crust is too slow.
Here I took THREE pictures. There are THREE boys that I couldn't get looking at the same time......
Brayden.
Ryan.
Not Porter, but.....
Russ!
I know it wasn't Brayden's birthday but how can I resist?
Trying to hide...
Still Trying.....
I got him!
What can I say???
Ry modeling.
SOOOOOO CUTE!
My baby Madi and I.
I'm thinkin' Madi got "the bug" now.
Sucky!
"Peace Out Dude"
Ry was photographing Russ and Nicole.
Porter lighting his own candle.
I remember when it was SO fun to do that!
The good 'ol family portrait on the birthday.
Poor Madi!
Porter's last present of the day was a new helmet. He wears an adult size small!
It fit Nicole:)
Porter was being VERY silly!
Yes, we had donuts instead of cake. Porter's request of course.
Pretty Russ!!
The boys cheering with their chocolate milk.
I really, Really, REALLY LOVE MY BOYS!!
Porter's Birthday was a good one and I believe he had an excellent day!
He told me he loved it and I believe him!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER!
I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Lyndsi said...

Wow....

First. I love Ikea plastic wear as well! Second, I think its awesome that he gets his shower privileges taken away. SO FUNNY! Third. I can't believe he is seven which means Madi will be EIGHT! And you guys might need to get quarantined before coming back to STG. Keep the Idaho bugs away! :)

Heather said...

I also love that he gets his shower privileges taken away. I have to make myself a note to shower my kids. I love your kids too. Even that Porter, he sure is a cutie. Tell him happy birthday for me and that I love him. What a fun day. Your family pictures look so cute!!!

Jason and Joanna said...

super cute! ya, i miss your boys, and your girl too. ;) im glad porter had such a great birthday, his presents look awesome. I was surprised when he told me he got a hula-hoop, go porty! happy birthday!!