Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh Brayd....

It was a quiet morning at the Smith house. We got Porter and Madi to school and were just hanging out. I was reading....
Ry was rollerblading
And Brayd was hanging out watching the Big Tractor.
I was planning to have lunch with my friends while Bud watched these monkeys.
At about 12:15 I thought I heard a cry but continued to get ready to leave. I then heard the "hurt/serious" cry from Brayd. I came out from my bathroom and saw Ry carrying Brayden to the rug in the laundry room-soft landing I guess. One look at Brayd's face and I knew this could be bad. Ry confessed to unlocking the pins on the trailer tailgate that was in the garage, what I gathered is that Brayd was standing backwards so the tailgate hit the back of his head and knocked him over so he fell forward on his eye. I guess not enough notice to put his hands up. Somehow during it all something hit his foot and he couldn't walk. I called Bud to see if Moss was home. He was so I loaded my little boys in the car and drove there. Moss looked at Brayd and said he would take him to insta care. I did. They looked and told me to take him to the E.R. All in all it all took about 3 hours. They did a CAT scan-Brayd did great, didn't move at all. Brayd looked fine. Aaron wasn't very happy about the bill that will be coming but I would do it again. Just to know it would be o.k.
When our stay at the E.R. was over all Brayd wanted was some pizza.
So, lucky for him, I had coupon for a free pizza!
That night we were planning a picnic.
We went, but I had to carry Brayd everywhere.
He wouldn't but any pressure on his foot.
Grandpa Key giving me a break from hauling my little man around.
This was only the beginning....

No comments: