Thursday, May 24, 2012

FIRE!!

Because I am a grandma there are times that I wake up and can't go back to sleep for about an hour. I know the minute I wake up if I will be able to go back to sleep or not. At 3:30 this morning I knew it was going to be an awake hour. I usually just stare in the darkness and hope for sleep. A lot of the time little lady is awake at this time also so I lay and feel her wiggle around. I hope we will not be making this a habit for when she is born but it is quite possible. As I lay in the darkness it had been about a half hour when I heard sirens. Because we live in the Fields this is a rare occasion. Especially in the middle of the night! The sirens got closer then stopped right in front of our house. It kinda freaked me out so I went outside in my underwears to see what was going on. 
This is what I saw.......
 I went in the house and told Aaron our neighbor's house which is kitty-corner from us was on fire. Luckily this is a vacation home so no one was there. Which could be a good or bad thing......
 Aaron jumped out of bed and called the Stewart's-who also had the guys number who's house was on fire.  If only a baby was this big of an emergency. I now know Aaron can function in the middle of the night:) When  I saw how crazy this fire was I woke up Porter to see this craziness. It was rather entertaining!
 We then woke up Madi so she could be in on the action.
 And Os of course. This is my beautiful robe:)
 Madi, Os and Porter. We set up some blankets so we could hang out and be comfortable for an hour!! 
This was great!
 The flame's still going strong after an hour!
 This picture was taken just before we headed back to bed.
 Ry joined us for the party about 10 minutes before we headed back in to bed.
I didn't want to get in trouble for not waking anyone up.
Brayd was way too sleepy!
This kind of shows how many emergency vehicles were there. I believe Washington, Hurricane, Ivins and St. George all had fire trucks there. Along with police and an ambulance. I'm happy to know that at least we are protected. I will need to take a picture of the house in the daylight to show the damage. Very Crappy!
We are pretty sure the fire was started by a gas leak in the master bedroom-Brother Stewart said that they had been trying to fix one for awhile. 
Crazy Business!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is so, so crazy! So glad your family was safe! Miss you!