Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pregnancy Update!

I haven't done very well at keeping the pregnancy part of this "journal" updated. It is probably because I just do my thing and occasionally remember I have something rather large growing in my gut! 
Since the kids got out of school a week ago we have spent lots of time outside at the pool and a little bit of time inside doing work. I am trying to keep to a routine of doing some "homework" in the mornings along with a job(s) that take about 20 minutes for each of my little helpers. When the work, homework and piano is done for the kids we then get to play. I have tried to make this last week and am hoping to make this next 10 days memorable before our world is ROCKED by this little one coming......
Aaron leaves for Lake Powell on Monday morning. He will spend Monday to Wednesday with the youth in our ward for Youth Conference then Wednesday afternoon to Saturday with the "guys" for the annual guys trip to Lake Powell. This is usually the week we take the kids and friends to Powell for our trip but I was figuring that to go to Lake Powell ONE week before I'm due would probably fit in the "stupid" category. So, I will stay home and lay around the pool. All while trying my hardest not to go into labor. Shouldn't be hard at all! I have had tightening of my tummy quite a bit but nothing that hurts at all!
 I got checked 2 weeks ago and nothing at all was happening. Not dilated and not softening at all! Last week I was checked again and my cervix was "softening". I was checked again today and I'm still not dilated at all but I've got a little tunnel. Whatever that means:) So, I'm slowly but surely making progress. I am very happy about this slowly business. I do not want to go into labor next week. My doctor being in Hawaii and Aaron being at Lake Powell does not make for a good week to have a baby!
They did schedule me for induction on Monday, June 11, 2012. Dr. Winward will be home early the Saturday morning before and Aaron will get home that same day. So, we will relax on Sunday then have a baby on Monday!
Hopefully:)
Well, that is about the happenings around here. Nothing too exciting.....YET!!

No comments: