Friday, May 22, 2009

Last Day of School 2009

The year has come and gone, Madison and Porter have learned So much in school this year and I am so proud of how hard they worked. Porter knows all of the 1st grade sight words (this is very exciting to me because I didn't think he would have any interest in reading AT ALL!) I think having Madison just a year ahead of him helps a lot. He thinks they are pretty much the same age. I do too. Madison is very good at her work also. She is an excellent reader and does amazing on her spelling tests.
Good Job Babies!

Madison on her first day of school.
Sorry it's blurry.

Madison on her last day of school. She is wearing the dress that her and grandma made in her sewing class.
I think she is beautiful!

Porter on his first day of school.
I fixed the mode on the camera.

Porter on the last day of school.
Should I be worried about the way he is standing?

My All-Grown up Babies!

To celebrate we took our kids with The Martin and Garn families. to Pirate Island Pizza. Wow, that was a lot of work, but the kids did a lot of work all year, so we thought we would reward them. I took these pictures before the Martin's got there, so I don't have any pictures of Gavin or Kenna, but they were there!

Brayd loved the hat!

Kinzlee and Madison are so photogenic. Every picture of them turns out so DANG cute!

Ry, Porter and Corbin, they think they are pirates. AAARRRGGG!

Well, it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to get a good picture of these three. But, they ARE cute!!
I guess Melissa should have had the camera.

I am SO excited for summer to be here. I really do like schedules, but I am so ready to sleep in every day and go to the pool EVERY DAY! We are planning on spending a total of 2 weeks at Lake Powell, some time in Liberty and LOTS of time in the sun!

SUMMER IS HERE!!

3 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

Good job Madi (on making her dress) very impressive!! Well, too bad we weren't invited to Porters, we woulda come, but whatever. :) I'm kidding, I'm sure you did a great job, Porty! Good job you two on making it past kindergarten and first grade!!

Heather said...

Way cute pics. I'm sad we missed out. I love that you took pics of your kids on the last day too. Your kids are darling and yes Madison is beautiful!

Anne said...

Crazy to think you've got two kids in school! I am not looking forward to sending my girls to school. I don't even think I'll be able to do preschool. Cute kids! oh, and I love that first pic of Madison in her 1st grade program.