Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On Our Way To Heyburn Idaho

Our original plan was to move to Heyburn so Aaron and Russ could work. Well, plans turn out a little differently as always and we started the trek a day late because of the weather. The plan was for Nicole to drive Russ' truck, with motorcycles in the back, Russ to drive the sweet white dodge that is 2wheel drive pulling a trailer with all their stuff in it. Aaron would pull a trailer with his truck with the stuff we were taking and I would drive the Yukon with the kids......


This was us....

This was Russ and Nicole.
Well, we got into our trip a ways....About to Hurricane and realized that the trailer that was holding our stuff was riding way low. After a phone call Aaron let me know that I would be pulling a trailer as well.

So, this is what I looked like!

We got on the road all ready and geared up for this trip. It was a little scary at certain points during the trip when the roads were a little slushy and my windshield wiper got ice on it. Of course the ice was right in the middle of where I needed to see out my window.
Things were going good and I was getting in the groove of things, the weather was getting better and so were the roads. Things were going a little too well!

About Nephi this is what happened....

Yep, I ran out of gas in the Yukon. So Aaron passed me in the truck and backed up to tow me. I was thinking...I can do this, I can do this. Well, then he ran back to me and said "Drive the Truck!" What? Are you serious? There was no time to argue so I got in the truck and drove the extra long load-pictured above- about a half mile to the 2nd Exit Nephi. That's right we were trying to make it to the Maverick so I actually passed a couple of gas stations. That's o.k. it was a good experience and we got some yummy food at Arby's, filled up with gas and hit the road again.
The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful thankfully and we arrived in Heyburn at about 9:00 p.m. It was a long day but wasn't too bad:)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sooo proud of you. I would really be hesitant to drive a truck and pull a trailor. You are awesome. I'm glad that the whole trip wasn't as eventful as the first few hours. We really miss you!!! Every time I drive past your house it makes me sad. I have a great idea, COME BACK!!! I know that won't work right now but a girl can dream. Hope you continue to do well. We love you.

The Key's said...

haha oh at least we have good memories from our trip up there :) Good times! And... it didn't take as long as I thought - only 9 1/2 hrs with our huge loads. I'm proud of you too - pulling that trailer in the nasty roads! Good work!

Melissa said...

wow! I would have been freaking out! glad you made it safe and sound. We miss you so much!

Mitzi said...

Wow... I am impressed... last time we moved... ok 2 times that we moved... Nate drove the moving truck with car in tow. I flew.... hmm... that's fair right?