Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spahetti Squash Anyone?

Just in case anyone didn't know this....I love vegetables!! Beans, brussel(or Russell as my kids would call them) sprouts, peas, onions, red and green peppers, sprouts just to name a few. I love them all!
Back in the day when we would have FHE with friends in St. George my sweet friend Melissa brought over some deliciousness. I didn't really know what it was but I'm a pretty willing girl. By this I mean willing to try pretty much anything-I might be my dad!
This is what she brought over....
It was most delicious!!!
THANK YOU MELISSA!!
So, while I was wandering around Albertsons I thought I should grab some and check it out. I went home, looked up how to cook it on the internet and cooked it!
OH yeah, it was good!
Madi and I tried about three different ways to eat it. We decided that frying it up in Spray Butter is THE BEST!
I will admit that I like weird stuff so I'm not going to tell anyone they should try it....But, it's healthy and yummy to me!!

Maybe Idaho has gotten the best of me:)

4 comments:

Heather said...

You ARE weird. I guess that's why you have such a rockin body though. Maybe I should start eating weird stuff too.

Jason and Joanna said...

haha, why am I not surprised? And yes, you just may be our dad.

Nielsen Family said...

YUM!!! I love it too, but Kendall just doesn't share my passion! I put spray butter on after baking it, but I'm going to have to try your "fried" version next!

Melissa said...

Probably my favorite veggie EVER! Tough to decide though...those peas your Dad grows are a big contender! You've inspired me to buy some for dinner tonight!