Friday, April 30, 2010

Grandpa Wilbur

My dad's "real" dad came to visit just in time for Madi's baptism and Bentley Boy's blessing. We had such a great time with him! You see, when my dad was about 6 years old his parents got divorced. My dad and his 5 siblings were forbidden to see his dad. It is such a sad story but what's done is done and the only thing we can do about it now is try our best to make up for lost time. My grandpa is SUCH a nice guy! We now know where my dad got his HUGE heart from and his willingness to do anything for anyone. The first day my grandpa was here my dad took Ry, Brayd, Cam Man and my grandpa up to the cabin. My grandpa was so patient and had a great time with all the boys. When we first got to my parents in the morning to drop the boys off, my grandpa turned a kid show on for them immediately. He is such a cute guy!
That night we all went over and had tacos. Grandpa couldn't stop talking about how "delicious" they were. Ry and grandpa, they became good buddies.
So cute!
Grandpa with Ry, Connor, Porter, Madi and Lexi.
Just havin' some dinner.
Now Cam and Brayd. Grandpa waving at the camera.
Such a cute Old Man!
We had such a fun time hanging out with Grandpa and getting to know him. As he was leaving he kept saying to everyone, "Have a nice Life." I really do hope we see him again. I know I missed out on some good memories with him when I was a child so I hope I can make some now.
If anything, at least we know what to expect my dad to be like when he is old(er):)
After dinner my dad and Jason went riding with the boys. Now, this is quite the process but the kids love it so Jason and my dad are good to take them out.
Grandpa helping Porter out.
Grandpa and Jason with all the grand-boys except for Bentley.
Brayd posing and Cam Man driving.
Ry is So cool!
Grandpa trying so hard to be patient!
Doing a good job.
Alan all ready....
Connor all ready..
Ry all ready....almost!
Ry all ready...
Cam and Brayd all ready and they are off!
Porter did get ready and went with them too!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a wonderful dad you have. So nice of him to fly his dad out for you to meet him. Love the pictures

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Wow you have such a wonderful family. Your so blessed. Nicole came in today for a pedi. It was fun to visit with her. Next time you come this way to Burley set up an appointment! HA! :)