Monday, June 29, 2009

55 Years Old for my Papa!

So, my daddy turned the big 55!
My dad is quite the guy. He is the one and only person I know that will do ANYTHING for ANYONE. I remember so many times growing up that he would be out doing things for other people. It wasn't long after I left my dad's house that I figured out that not everyone is like that.
For my dad's birthday all he wanted was to have a baseball game and a BBQ with his kids. So, we granted his wish. Everyone headed over to our house and we had a good time.
We all got our food and sat down to eat. As I looked outside I saw this....
All the grandkids had gathered together outside to eat their meal together
Well, all the ones that could walk, Hailee and Brenden were missing.

All the grandkids had a can of silly string and they attacked Grandpa. He is such a good sport about that kind of stuff. Notice his shirt? No. 1 Grandpa!

Grandpa even got Ry's silly string to work, then he let him spray him.
Then we played some water balloon games.
And kept playing games

Uncle Russ got a little excited and the water balloons apparently weren't popping fast enough so he started throwing them at the grandkids.

Ry and his sly smile. I wonder what he is thinking....

Ry is just little so he kept getting attacked, but he took it all in stride.

It's a good thing Brayd's hair acts as an umbrella or he may have been a little unhappy.

Now it's Ry's turn for attack.

Dad and Mom with Ry and dad's presents. He got a saw-I think- or maybe it was a sander. I don't really know. Then some random gifts cards for the movies and yummy places to eat.
We had an excellent little party.

Happy Birthday Grandpa!
We Love You!


No comments: