Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summertime Fun!

First of all, it turns out this cat has now found our home to be the happenin' place. My kids say it's name is Fluffy, but I'm not sure if that is it's real name or if they just made it up. I do have to admit this is pretty much as "perfect" as a cat can get-I'm not a cat lover-. This cat is so patient with my kids. They pull on it, tug it, hold it and do whatever else a 6, 3 and 2 year old can think of to do to a cat!

Ry usually holds the cat by it's back legs and the poor thing just hangs there.

Brayd just likes to sit next to it and touch it's fluffiness.

Second part of the day.....My poor baby Brayd got 4 shots yesterday. He was so cute, I just held him down while the nurses attacked. After the shots were over, and he was crying, the nice nurse gave him a sucker and through his sobs he said, "Thank you." He is such a sweet boy.

Here he is showing off his band-aids from the nasty shots. I'm not quite sure why he looks tired, he got 14 hours of sleep last night. Apparently he fell asleep at the dinner table while the baby-sitter was here. That may have had something to do with the medicine I gave the poor boy for his shots. I probably would have made him tuff it out, but between Aaron and I going out, and the fact that he would come up to me and point to his band-aids and say, "mom, this hurts." I gave in and may have given him a little extra.

Now for the last part of the day...Porter's job for the last year or so has been to take the garbages out to the curb before garbage day. Ry has been joining him lately because we have realized that he is perfectly capable also. And, since there is 2 garbage cans it works out nicely. Well, turns out our boys are pretty dang smart! Apparently Porter is done with the whole walking the garbage out.

He will now hook it to his bike and ride it out!
Smart little dude I am raising.

Of course that is how Ry wanted to do it also. So, the good big brother that Porter is helped Ry hook the garbage can to his bike and Ry headed to the street.

Like Bud said, there may be a little more of Aaron in Porter than we all think. If he has to do something he might as well do it quick and have fun while doing it!

Summer is so much fun and I really am happy that I get to spend everyday with them right now. I know I will look back and cherish these days:)

5 comments:

Lyndsi said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the trash can on Porter's bike. Totally Aaron! And that is quite a good trait to have! Your kids are adorable. I am glad that Brayd survived his shots! I would be miserable too to get four shots!

The McInnes Family said...

That's really cool that Porter figured that out! Alan says he is going to try it with ours. I told him it might not be a good idea since we have such a massive hill for our driveway. He would probably not be able to stop! Good job Porty!

Kali said...

How AWESOME and creative is Porter!?! I think that is so cool he figured that out all on his own! Smarty!

The Key's said...

Your babies are way too cute! Good job Porter on being so smart!! And Ry is adorable following his big brother. Poor Brayd - that made me so sad seeing his shots :( That's never fun. But he's a tough boy! Looks like you're having a fun summer!! I LOVE summer time too :)

Jason and Joanna said...

LOL good thinkin Porty! He is a pretty smart dude. oh, and your other babies are cute too :)