Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our First House in St. George

When Aaron got hired on as the Sales Manager after being at Stephen Wade for about 4 hours we decided we had probably buy a house in St. George instead of living with my parents. Let me back up.....In 2003 about 3 months after Porter was born we were getting a little antsy and needed a change in life. We had been living in North Ogden and Liberty since we had gotten married about 2 1/2 years earlier. After a couple of different jobs Aaron decided he would try out Stephen Wade Powersports. So, here we were in St. George with a good job but not really anywhere to live. We looked all over the area, but we kept coming back to the Santa Clara area. Specifically Country Lane. There was one house in there that Aaron and I really, really liked. The price on it was about 329,000. I remember Aaron specifically telling me to not tell anyone we were thinking of spending that much on a house! We were a little embarrassed. We found out this house was under contract, but we kept coming back to look at it. One of the times we were looking at it some dude showed up and said his house was about the same size and it was for sale across the street for less money. The people had only lived in the house for 9 months and they had bought it new. So, we went over and looked at it. Aaron thought it was a good deal, especially because it had shutters, a hot tub and the yard was all put in, unlike this other house. Well, thanks to Aaron's MAD negotiating skills, we ended up buying it for 298,000.
We lived in this house for just shy of 2 years and sold it for 400,000. Those were the days! Well, we found out this house was on the market again. It is a short sale and they are asking 329,000! Come to find out the house was vacant so we thought it would be fun to walk through the house with Madison and Porter. We figured Madison MIGHT remember a few things, but Porter wouldn't. They both said they remembered some stuff, but I don't know how much of that is us talking about it or actually remembering.

This was the top of the staircase. I loved that staircase!

Aaron really liked the garage so I thought I would take a picture of it for him. I remember being really excited about this water softener. I also painted a toy box I have for the kids in this garage. I would paint while Madison and Porter took their naps.

This was our kitchen. We didn't LOVE the kitchen, but going back I thought it was pretty cute. The granite is a little out of control.

We took some family pictures with the Smith family by this fireplace. So, I thought I might re-inact that.

Ry was kind enough to take this picture for us. Ry lived in my tummy in this house but we moved 2 more times before he was born. When we moved from this house Madison and Porter were about Ry and Brayd's age. Wow, time sure does fly!

I really could still live here and be happy. It was so fun to go back and reminisce a little about past times. Brayden and Ryan seemed to enjoy it just as much as we did.
Oh the days!

5 comments:

Kali said...

I remember when you lived there cuz we were still living in St. George then, too.....those were the days!
I think we came to attend a birthday party for Porter...would it have been his first? I remember the kitchen. How fun to go back and go through it.

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

I loved that house, mostly because you guys lived so close to us after being in lame Ogden. But now you live very very close so don't move back to Santa Clara. That is really weird to see picture of you guys there again. Time does fly!

The Key's said...

Cute post!! I remember I actaully came to that house once or twice when you lived there :) (geez I've been around forever huh lol) It was beautiful! And I especially remember loving your piano room! That's so fun you got to go back and see it. Way good memories to have for sure!

Jason and Joanna said...

that house has a ton of good memories! not only were we all so happy you guys were back here living, but remember when i put up your christmas lights? and then jason helped aaron put up your christmas lights? oh those were the days!

Heather said...

Let's be honest, You wouldn't be as happy if you still lived there because you wouldn't have met us. Don't think about leaving either! Cute home though!!!