Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lake Powell Round 2!

After The Smith Family Reunion was over at Lake Powell Some friends came over to meet up with Aaron. The dudes came over on Saturday and the girls met up with them on Wednesday morning. I'm telling you, we had quite the lead-up to the vacation. None of us girls seem to be able to survive without our husbands. On Saturday after I got home I went over to Melissa Garn's so the kids could play and I could be entertained. On Sunday we had dinner at DeAnna's. On Monday Melissa brought her kids over and we had a sleep-over. Lyndsi came and hung out but opted for her bed. Then on Tuesday night we all had baby-sitters for our kids so we spent the night at Heather's. That may have been a slightly bad idea since we didn't get to sleep until 2:30 and got back up at 5:30 to drive to Page AZ and hook up with our Lover-boys! I don't think any of us had too hard of a time waking up. We were all WAY too excited to see our boys.

The boat needed some "good gas" so we pulled it out of the lake to fill up.
I'm pretty sure that grin is because Aaron missed me So, SO much!


I told Melissa on the way over that I think it is so cute when Aaron stands up and drives the boat. So......I needed a picture.

Aaron is cute!

Towards the evening everyone got a wild hair and decided to jump and do flips off the houseboat. My poor baby got a neck injury earlier that day from surfing so he pretty much just judged the flips and dives. Here are a few of us posing. Melissa took the picture and I'm not really sure where Brent, DeAnna and Josh were during this picture.

Aaron's neck hurt him pretty much all night so it was cute when I woke up and found him between these two pillows.

I love my baby! That's how come I fix him breakfast with his "special" drugs sitting next to him -Thanks Heather!

We played alot of card games while we were there! It was just so much fun to play and not be distracted by kids.

These 2 were so cute with their Oreo's and milk.

JUST US!


On Thursday morning we all decided we needed a little shaving on our legs.....


So, we did it in the lake. I love the way Heather is sitting she looks like a model!

A few of "Them" went cliff jumping on Thursday. Poor Melissa had a head-ache and Heather is of course pregnant so they didn't go. Aaron's neck still hurt, and Me? Well, I'm just pretty much a chicken.

That night we played a game to see how many marshmallows "they" could fit in their mouths. It was pretty hilarious!

I think Aaron ended up with 10.

Then all 10 came back out........



The next day we pulled out the tube and had some good times....

Don't worry, Aaron was VERY kind to the pregnant lady in the middle!


Silly Melissa and Heather got a little crazy! I think I did stand up at some point but it sure wasn't for very long.


Then each of the couples took a turn on a tube ride together, and got a kissing picture.....

I think he loves me!

As the ride began I had this brilliant idea of us both sitting in the middle of the tube. Well, we forgot that it would pretty much sink the tube.

So, we spent the first 10 minutes of our tube ride circling to get the pads back in the tube.

And getting water out of where we were to sit.

Brent West gave us a good ride and it was worth the wait.

I think I screamed just a LITTLE bit!

We did pretty good at staying in the tube and it was a blast!! We did up falling in the lake in the end because I got a little excited and tried to sit on Aaron's lap. Maybe it is a good thing, because that is the only time I really got in the lake the whole time we were there.

After we got off the lake for the morning we all got Aaron some Lunch. Yes, Aaron likes Fruity Pebbles and juice for lunch! Oh, and a little COOKIE salad!

One more picture of my Baby with his BIRTHDAY HAT on.
Not Really, we were just spoiling him like it was his birthday.
Thanks for the sweet hat DeAnna!

This is the trail we had to hike to get reception to call home. I was pretty impressed that we could actually call while on the lake. It was very nice.

This is how we had to hold the phone while we talked.

I took this picture just up the hill from where the boat was.

I love the scenery (and the man in the picture).

Our two hunters.....I didn't get a picture of DeAnna but I hear that her and Josh were hilarious!



We found out that Brent was EXTREMELY TERRIFIED of lizards, so we may have taken it a little far and kept the teasing up. Melissa, Jordan, DeAnna and Josh went lizard hunting for over an hour and found one. Jordan then put it on Brent Martin's shoulders and this was his face......

SO FUNNY!
Brent was such a good sport to put up with all the teasing that involved this lizard.

Look at that!
My husband is so cute to give me a foot massage! If he ever looses his job he will work at Regal Nails in Wal-Mart!

Just my Baby and I.

Aaron was such a nice boy to pull everyone around at the lake. Finally by the last day he decided that his neck felt ok enough to try skiing again..... The water was even good.
Here he is ready for take-off!

But then, the rope broke!
We couldn't believe it. Brent West was helping Aaron out trying to tie the rope together, while Aaron was Freezing in the water.


Jordan was driving and as soon as Brent had the rope tied Jordan took off and left Aaron and Brent in the water. It was very funny!

Brent is found here swimming back to the boat after tying the rope a second time.

Well, the second time didn't work either! That is when all the boys went to the back of the boat to try and figure a knot out that would work. I thought it was so cute how they all wanted Aaron to ski SO bad!

Aaron was getting so cold in the water that his teeth were chattering. Brent Martin got out the shower and started giving Aaron a hot shower.
Wow, could a guy ask for better friends?
I don't think so!

And........the knot worked! 3rd time is a charm!

I love when he ski's! He looks SO good!
Good Job on the knot Brent!

It was so dark and cold by the time Aaron got done skiing. He had like 5 towels on him.
I will take care of him!

The next day was Saturday and that meant that it was time to pack up and go home to see our babies! We were all very excited and anxious to see them.

Here is a little somethin' somethin' for Heather!
The guys were getting the boat all ready for departure. My husband was driving it on top so I thought I would capture a picture of Heather's man for her.

Here is my man.
I found him!

Now I will join him.

Just a little romantic kiss!

After we started going, the watercraft were have problems so the guys went down to fix them. Us girls decided that there really is nothing better than watching our men being so capable as to do anything! We saw that ALOT on this trip!
Brent Martin was driving the houseboat.

Notice how Brent is holding onto Josh? Jordan would have pushed him in!

What cute girls in their sunglasses watching their boys! Lyndsi was watching her man drive.

Aaron was giving Brent directions on where to go and how to drive through the "cut".

Here we are saying good-bye to Lake Powell and all ready to head back to reality.
We had an excellent time and so much fun with Josh, DeAnna, Brent, Heather, Brent, Lyndsi, Jordan and Melissa!
Thanks so much for a good time!

9 comments:

Keisha said...

Looks like so much fun!!I'm going to Lake Powell for my first time in July and These pictures make me even more excited about it:)

Lyndsi said...

So, Lake Powell freakin' rocked! I am so jealous on how photogenic you are! You seriously look good in every picture! Thanks for letting go with you! Maybe next year we'll have to do the same thing again (not to invite myself or anything!) :)

Melissa said...

I loved reliving the trip through those pictures! Thanks for the greatest trip EVER! Sorry about the lizard Brent!

The Key's said...

WAY fun trip!! What a nice get-a-way for all of you. Looks like a blast. I know the kids (and your mom) were so excited for you to get home... They may have missed you just a little ;)

Jason and Joanna said...

looks like y'all had a fantastic time!! fun pictures and I think the lizard thing is freakin hilarious!!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Thanks to the best hosts ever. You guys are seriously the best. Thanks a million times. You guys are so fun to be with. And yes, it is unfair how photogenic you are!

Nielsen Family said...

That looked way fun!

Heather said...

Thank you so much for the picture of my Brent. He is one hot man. I'm so glad that we are friends and that you were generous enough to share your fun with us! We love you guys and you truly were wonderful hosts. I'm just glad no one else had drugs because maybe this way you'll invite us back! j/k. You are definately Marilyn Monroe. Sexy lady!

Jen said...

Dang! It looks like you guys all had an awesome time.