Sunday, June 7, 2009

We Are Back!

FAMILY REUNION @ LAKE POWELL

Day 1: May 31st

I have overcome my fear of being at Lake Powell. We had a Blast!
It was nice to pack up for a vacation and know we were going to be there in 2 hours! I usually don't drive for 2 hours and stay for a week so it was a little different in a good way.

The kids were VERY excited and could barely stand it.

We got to the houseboat Sunday night and unloaded everything from the cars.

The kids got to ride in the luggage carriers on the way back to get more luggage.

Chase, Taylor and Ashley with Aaron, Madison, Porter, Ryan and Brayd in front of the houseboat. They couldn't have been happier, they love their aunts and uncles.


We didn't plan very well and ended up going to some pizza joint by the marina. The pizza was o.k. but the company was excellent!

I think they could be models!

Madison REALLY loves her uncle Chase.

Brayd is just being the comedian in the family.

Brayd even danced for us.

We got free ice cream because they were cleaning out the ice cream machine that night. That was very nice of the kind workers there.

Brayd especially loved his special ice cream cone!


Porter and Taylor just messing around. It happened most of the trip but they had a lot of fun together.

Day 2: June 1st


Everyone arrived at one point or another during the night so by Monday morning we were ready to head out.

All the kids were very interested in what was going on. I think the guys were getting ready to load up the boats and the watercraft.

Aaron did a GREAT job at being our captain.


Madison and Chloe were even driving at one point. Aaron just told Madison to keep the needle on the "0" and she made it happen!


About half way there we untied one of the boats so Josh, Chase and Taylor could go check out some options for us to park. Meanwhile we had a good time in the middle of Lake Powell.

Aubrey played with the kids in the water....

Aaron gave watercraft rides.....

And Porter did a little swimming.

Then he thought he would try his hand at driving the watercraft. He loved it!

I even jumped on the watercraft for a minute.

Madison and Ashley floated around for a bit

Then Madison got brave and got her own floaty.


Porter was brave and went off the slide. Aaron was at the bottom to catch him.


Ry and Kris floated around in the water together.

Then Ry and Aaron went off the slide together. It freaked ry out a bit

The guys finally got back from their exploring and we were on our way again.
We found our spot comfortably and got settled in. We cooked dinner and had a little fun in the water then retired for the night.


Day 3: June 2nd

I figured by the third day I should probably get in the water. Well, as close to the water as I got besides when Chase so rudely tipped me over while I was floating along in the tube I claimed when I got there.

I really did spend a lot of time in this thing. It was so nice to just lay around!

Ry went off the slide again with Aaron, but this time on to this sweet Tramp that Josh brought. This tramp was so nice to have.

Oh, here I am again in this tube. Brayd loved the tube also.

Aaron had a blast surfing

The boys loved it best when Aaron wasn't behind the boat because that meant he was in the boat and they could drive with him.

This was the rock that we settled by. Ry was being a good helper.

I'm not really sure what happened in this picture but Porter looks like he is trying to get away from Aaron and Aaron looks guilty. HMMMMM.

Ry was being really daring a lot of the time I was pleasantly surprised!

Aaron and Porter tried out the slide again.

Aaron was daring enough to do a flip and he didn't even damage himself.

And I'm off in my tube again.

Aubrey and I took our babies on a tube ride with the watercraft. Brayd liked it. Kennedy? Not so much!

That is one cute Man!

The day ended and we were happy to go to bed early!

Day 4: June 3rd

This day was extra special because it was Taylor's birthday. He turned the big "16"

Most of the days the kids started out playing in the sand that was just outside the boat. It was good because it entertained them for a good while.

Chase was helping Aaron get his ski off and that is what I was trying to get a picture of but I love how it turned out. They are cute boys.

Chase, Taylor and Aaron all jumped on the tube and Josh gave them one heck of a ride. Aaron's mom loved this because these are her 3 boys. Some day this will be Porter, Ry and Brayd.

All the babies were just waiting to see what would happen. They thought it was crazy.
It was.
Luckily no one ended up with permanent injuries.

I was surprised my babies agreed to all getting on the tube after witnessing the craziness that went on. Josh was very kind though and we had a nice relaxing tube ride.

After all that fun in the sun Ry took a nice, warm bath with his cousins on the deck of the boat in this sweet little pool.

Day 5: June 5th

This day started out very exciting! Taylor went outside to catch a lizard. We all pretty much ignored it and told him to have a good time. Well, it was great until he did catch it and brought it inside. It was still o.k. because he had it in a little netted bag. What wasn't ok was that Chase let it out of the bag and put it on that table. Needless to say it didn't just stay on the table. It ran and everyone screamed and freaked out. Including Chase. Don't you worry though, Kris came to the rescue and saved us from this creature.

I love Kris' face in this picture, acting all scared. Just acting EXACTLY how the rest of us did when the lizard escaped out of the bag.

We decided to go out and explore some canyons on this day. We took two boats so all of us could fit...

The boat ride was kind of long and the babies were getting a bit anxious and so was I so we all hung out on the back of the boat for awhile.

My cute babies hanging out.

We got back from the long boat ride and had some lunch. Then we went out to watch the dudes try out the air-chair.

Brayd was so exhausted he just fell asleep in the front of the boat.

Aaron trying out the air-chair. I like the water spots in this picture.

He was so good at it.

Check out how high he got on this thing.

Even after taking Brayden out of the boat and laying him on the couch with all of us noisy people he STILL stayed asleep!

Just like any other day this one came to an end also.

Day 6: June 5th

This day started out pretty low-key and stayed this way for most of the day. It was kind of a blustery day and the wind blew quite a bit, but that didn't stop our fun. Kris, Chase, Taylor, Adam and Ashley all joined forces and made a sand castle. Of course with all the "help" of their cute nieces and nephews.

Good work my friends, you are doing a great job!

I just can't help but to take pictures of my baby!

Occasionally our boat anchors would get a little loose and the guys would have to go tighten them. These were my favorite times. There is just something about a bunch of men working together that I think is so cool!

Sometimes I wonder if Taylor is really helping, or just standing there looking pretty.

And now the other side.

Coming on down the mountain. Josh is the oldest so he uses the shovel as his "cane".

After the work was done it was time for a little play. Porter was us to trying to water ski. So, we got him all dressed up in a wet-suit and tried to prepare him for what was coming.

My little man as a skier!

Grandpa and Chase got Porter all psyched out and he was ready to do it.

Almost ready!


They didn't quite have the rope situated right so he ended up drinking A LOT of water. He didn't quite get up but he gave it 3 tries! Better than I ever did.

This is the last time he tried. It was cold and windy and he gave it a good effort.
Next time he'll do it.

We had a great time at Lake Powell and I was so happy to feel clean there. The kids all slept great right in the room that I was in so when I woke in the night feeling a little nervous I could just look down and see them there. However, my favorite part of the whole trip may have been that my little Brayd got to sleep right next to me every night! I loved it!
I am excited to go back with my friends in 2 days. I hope I have as much fun as I did with my family!

9 comments:

Lyndsi said...

It looks like you guys had fun, but we are going to have WAY more fun! :) Only a couple of more days, so catch up on your rest now!!!

Melissa said...

That was a great teaser! I can't wait for our turn!

The Key's said...

Fun times! And all your babies came back with bleach blonde hair :) Way too cute! I'm glad you guys had fun!!

The Egg-heads said...

Your trip looked like so much fun! I am glad everyone was safe and sound, and had a great time. You look beautiful Bonnie, as always!

Heather said...

I love the pictures Bonnie, I'm getting excited! It looks like you had a blast, and you do look beautiful. I can't wait for Wednesday!!!

Mitzi said...

It looks like so much fun!!! What a great way to spend time with fam

Jason and Joanna said...

im glad you guys had a great time... while the rest of your family just stayed here. hmmm... no im kidding- but it looks like some good times!!

Jen said...

How fun!! It's my Heaven on earth down there! Glad to hear that you guys had a great time and that you are back safe. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on our blog you are always so sweet, thanks so much for your friendship.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

How fun, great pics of the kids.