Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!!

I have a husband that HATES to wake up! Sometimes it is a sad sight to see. Our kids were SO excited for Easter, but sometimes it isn't worth it to wake the sleeping bear. So, our Easter started out with me taking the kids upstairs, as they were anxiously awaiting to see what the Bunny brought them, to play. We went to the playroom and had some breakfast of pop tarts.
It was fun to sit at the table that the kids would eat at everyday when we lived in Idaho.
The time FINALLY arrived to come downstairs.
Perfect picture in the background.
Ry putting the first egg in the carton.
The kids in action.
Brayd so happy to finally find an egg.
That is a hard task being the youngest.
The first basket found was by Brayd, only it wasn't his...it was Aaron and I's.
Yes, we are officially old, we share an Easter Basket.
Mostly because Aaron doesn't do one for me:(
Brayd found his basket in the entertainment center.
Brayd was excited for his bike horn.
Ossie Baby liked it too!
Ry's basket was in the steamer.
Each of the kids got a little note in an egg that said...
"Night out with Mom and Dad"
I think Brayd was the most excited about this!
Aaron and I.
Finding Porter's basket.
Porter's good stuff!
Madi was the last one to find her basket.
Everyone checking it out!
When all the baskets were found and we had our fill of candy we ate some breakfast and got ready for church!
I taught the lesson in my Young Women's class and it went rather smoothly. We talked about 12 very important events in Christ's life surrounding the crucifixion and resurrection. The lesson went well and I loved preparing it. I felt closer to my Savior this Easter through studying it.
When church was over we headed up to my mom's.
Hailee Mae had a seizure and we were able to get through that along with all the other hectic thing going on.
Finally things settled down and we had a hunt....
This is what Aaron did.
Surprised? I didn't think so.
Madi hunting.
Ry loves his eggs.
Brayd gathered quite a few himself.
Aaron and I.
Porter was obviously not it my view.
I am thankful for Jesus Christ and the example and love he shows to me.
HAPPY EASTER!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You're in YW now? Sweet! Do you love it? I taught the Easter lesson to the YW on sunday too! I love those girls. They are so much fun!

Lyndsi said...

The sleeping bear?! That is hilarious. I think that is how Brent would describe me! It looks like Easter rocked at your house!