Sunday, February 28, 2010

Aaron Being Domestic

You don't see Aaron in the kitchen very often, but, when you do he is being pretty productive. Lately Aaron has been asking for me to make him some wheat bread. I really don't have any excuses besides I was scared for what would happen. I have always been afraid of yeast and how it just never seems to rise quite right for me. Well, with my recent adventures in the kitchen I have pretty much had good luck with it.
I finally told Aaron if he would grind the wheat-yes, I did use my food storage!! Then I would attempt the bread.
So, after church Aaron got out the wheat grinder and went to work....

It was going really well until Aaron ground too much wheat and the flour poofed out everywhere!

Ry was right on it and vaccumned it up for Aaron.

Check out that MESS!!
I ended up making the bread and the kids LOVED it. Especially right out of the oven. I was delicious and gone in 1 day! I guess I should make it again.
It was quite the busy day. Being the last day of the month I had Visiting Teaching to do. Aaron had Home Teaching and our Home Teachers came.
When it came dinner time Aaron wasn't feeling like relaxing. Instead he wanted to make a homemade "Red Sauce" for pasta. So, we went to work.

Aaron enjoyed making the sauce. It was super spicy and too sweet. But, we ate it and I thought it was pretty good.
I am really starting to enjoy Sundays. Now that the kids can entertain themselves for the most part and we can all just CHILL!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go Aaron. I'm quite impressed. That's whats nice about living out of town, quiet Sundays. You telling Aaron to grind the wheat and you'll make bread reminds me of the book "the little red hen." Keep up the good work Aaron.