Saturday, February 6, 2010

Better Than Riding Motorcycles?

I didn't ever think I would hear "This is better than riding motorcycles" come out of Porter's mouth. I guess skiing tops it.
Aaron and Grandpa Smith took Porter skiing for his first time. Grandma and Grandpa live about 5 minutes away from Powder Mountain in Liberty so it was perfect. When we first came over the mountain we showed Porter what he was going to ski down. He was pretty nervous. Aaron said he got over that pretty quick though.

Grandpa, Aaron and Porter all ready to go!

Grandpa use to be a ski instructor so Porter had the perfect teacher.
With Aaron helping too I'm sure.
Porter loved riding on the "magic carpet". It takes skiers to the top of the bunny hill.
From what I hear-I didn't go of course, BRRRRRRR! Porter lasted about 2 or 3 runs on the bunny hill and he was ready for bigger and better things.
Not Surprising at all.
Here they are going up to the real slopes.
I don't think Porter could of been happier.
I have known for a while that as long as we keep Porter busy he can be the best kid ever. The only problem is the busy stuff can't be shopping. WHAT? He has to be doing something outdoors. Ya'll know outdoors is just not me. It's perfect though because Aaron and Porter can spend this time together!
Aaron couldn't stop talking about how well Porter did and how much he loved it. I am so glad they were able to go and have a good time!
GOOD JOB PORTER!!
Brayd got a hold of the camera after the boys got home with the camera.....
Just hangin'.
Brayd Posing while laying down. I guess he wanted a picture too.

2 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

very impressive Porter! That's good times for him, Aaron and Grandpa Smith!

Those picturs that Brayd took were really funny haha i love his posing while laying down!

Heather said...

I love Porter. He is such a little stud. I know he is a rascal but he is very talented in so many things. I love to ski. Tell him I'm proud of him and that I think he is sooooo awesome!!!