Monday, February 22, 2010

Remember When.....

We made tie-dyed shirts and it was so FUN!!!
I think what made it so fun was the fact that the kids thought they were so cool and Aaron was so in to it! He was so worried every time a little bit of the green would get on the purple, or the purple would get on the green.
Let me back up......Aaron got home from work a little late tonight so I knew the kids wouldn't make their 7:30 bed time but I was actually o.k. with that. Everyone was so excited to make the shirts that I couldn't dampen the mood.
After Aaron got home and ate his homemade "Sausage, hamburger soup"-I had to call it that because it is in my babies heads that they don't like chili-we set to work. Aaron put on his apron and just got it done!!
I love that Aaron is smiling even after he turned his head to stop the water.
I guess I took too long to take the picture.
Here everyone is looking!
Aaron said the apron was too tight so he took it off just in time start the die part. I guess he didn't care so much about his 5 year old sweatshirt from Old Navy. The kids wanted to help but that would have just been a mess! Aaron did an excellent job though. A little O.C.D. but I calmed him down a bit.
I actually witnessed Porter taking this pictures of himself. If you can imagine this...He points the camera at himself, puckers up his lips, takes this pictue, looks at it and smiles at himself. I wish I would have gotten a picture of that!!
I love my Porter!
I was just telling Aaron last night that Porter is a monkey and I definitely have to get after him more than the others. This is mainly because he is so slow at doing his homework and has ALOT of energy. However, I am SO glad that he is so capable of doing so much!! I never have to worry about the garbage cans, about bringing my luggage in after a vacation, or even about him crying. I just love the fact that he is such a BOY!
Funny story.....
Last Wednesday Porter came downstairs from playing and our conversation went like this....
Porter-Mom, I am so tough.
Me-Oh yeah?
Porter-Yeah, I was trying to put the lego table back together and I jumped on one side and the other side came up and hit me in the forehead.
Me-Let me see.
Sure enough, there was a big goose egg on his forehead. Probably the size of a golf ball. It was pretty funny, but I was even more impressed by how tough my 6 year old is!
I took a look at it this morning and it is still yellow from the bruising.
Porter sure is Tuff!!
My Baby and I with Ry.
The boys got bored and started taking pictures.
Thanks for the beautiful picture Brayd!
Madi was so intrigued by it all. Maybe next time she can help.
Once again a beautiful picture but at least I have a cute apron on. I think this one is Madi's. Thanks Heather!!
I'm pretty sure that the RIT is a lot easier and in-expensive. I told Madi we would make them at grandma's house when we are there in 3 weeks!
Stay tuned to see how they turn out.
It's quite the process!

3 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

haha, y'all are beautiful, and especially aaron in the apron. lol. but this looks like a fun activity! miss you guys. im ready for your spring break.

lol Porter- you are silly! and wow, you are a tough boy!!

Heather said...

Cute stuff. You have such a cute little family. What a fun activity. We miss you.

Keisha said...

How fun is this! You guys do fun things as a family! Your such a cute mom!