Saturday, August 29, 2009

Almost There!

So, it has been kinda a crazy day trying to get home. I was so excited to be home by 9 o'clock tonight so I could see my babies before they went to bed. But.....Our flight got delayed in the Bahamas which made us miss our flight out of Georgia which made us miss our flight to St. George. So, now we will be home at 11. That's o.k. though, at least we will be home.

The funny thing about this picture is that the bell man that took it said it would just turn out great. You couldn't see it very good now, but it will be a good picture!

Anyone that knows Aaron knows that a full Aaron is a happy Aaron. So, he had been eyeing this piece of carrot cake all week. Well, I bought it for him around noon on Friday so he ate it for breakfast on Saturday. Thank goodness we had something to put in his little tummy or he would NOT have been happy about our little walk on the beach.
This morning before we left the Bahamas we took a nice little walk on the beach......We had to get some pictures of where Russ asked Nicole to marry him and would you believe she said YES?

We had to get a picture of where Russ proposed also right? We didn't want to be left out.
After we took care of that business we headed to the airport. We were very excited when we landed in Georgia so we could talk to the kids. We talked to them all and they tried to get us to tell them what their presents were that we bought. When we wouldn't tell them what they were the kids started asking what letter it starts with, then what letter it ends with. We wouldn't give them anymore clues because my little smarty pants would figure it out. They are too cute. When I was talking to Porter I told him I missed him and asked if he missed me too. His reply was, "Yeah mom, I missed you so much that I even cried one night because I missed you." I love my Porter and I am very excited to get home and see him.
The wait was long but we are happy to be sitting in Utah again.

This was the sunset as we were flying into Salt Lake. Our pilot was funny, he got on the PA system and said, "And there will be no charge for the sunset." I was a little confused, but then I caught on and thought he was funny!
When we arrived in Utah we needed a little treat so we headed to the little ice cream/cinnamon roll shop. Perfect! A little treat for Aaron and I...
Just as we were about to take a picture of ourselves with our treats we hear someone say "Aaron, let me take your picture." We looked back and it was Aaron's cute aunt that is a flight attendant. That was convenient!
Well, it's about time to board and get home!

2 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

glad your home! eventhough i emailed you 3 times a day... we still have lots to catch up on! LOL :)

The Key's said...

Oh I loved that trip!! I'm so glad you blogged every day so we can remember all the very funny, random moments we all shared :) I think by far, the stoned waitress was my favorite lol. Oh good times! Plus didn't that trip end just so perfect?! :) I thought so... Thanks for some fun memories! I'm very very excited to be able to travel more with you! We have lots of fun - and I'm so happy you'll pratically really be like my sister now! :) I know -- you're so excited too haha!!