Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Little Excursion!

We found a McDonald's yesterday as we were driving around so we decided to go there for breakfast this morning. I actually picked up some Raisin Bran so I was all prepared to have that. I got some in my cup ready to just buy some milk at McDonald's and enjoy my cereal. Would you believe they didn't have any milk? True story....where the heck are we? So, I headed over to the gas station across the street and all they had was Vitamin D. "Incredible" were my thoughts. Who doesn't have milk and only cream if they do? Anyway everyone ended up eating their breakfast, mine dry but still o.k.

After breakfast we headed out and got a little crazy-well, Aaron, Russ and Nicole did.

We had a credit towards an excursion so everyone decided to go on a little snorkeling adventure. We first hung out at the pool for a bit then walked over to where the boat left from.
We got on the boat and got a hamburger, strawberry daiquiri and a water. All for only 12 bucks! Seriously.
Wow, this is a nice picture of Aaron, he looks like a cartoon character!

They all then headed in the water.
Turns out they found some pretty cool fishies but I was too scared. After they got back on the boat and I was done laying in the sun Aaron wanted to go down the slide that was on the boat.

The dude at the bottom waved..
So, Aaron waved back!

Then he slid down with his hands in the air! He is so daring in his 30th year!

It then started to rain-like it has every day this trip-so we headed back to the island.
We then went back to the pools because by the time we got back to the island-which was about a 15 minute boat ride-the skies had cleared up. We swam for about an hour then headed up to the room to get ready to go to dinner. Yep, we headed to Pizza Hut. I don't recommend the Bahamian food. We were all geared up, ready to order a salad but....they were out. Along with Sierra Mist and Mountain Dew! This is the 2nd restaurant that has just been out of random stuff. They don't tell you though until you order it. Interesting.
We enjoyed our dinner then Aaron suggested we find a beach and watch the sunset. Romantic huh? So, we went to McDonald's to get a McFlurry.
Which by the way they only putting the topping on the top, but don't mix it around. Well, the clouds were in the way so we didn't get to watch it but it was a fun drive. We have now been all over the island. Back and Forth. I think we discovered the place where all the locals live. They are very nice out there and waved to us lots. Well, that about sums up our day! One more day and I will be home to see my babies.

I am excited!

2 comments:

Lyndsi said...

WOW! That sucks about all of the food! You will have to come home and enjoy some real grub! It sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun and a lot of sun! I'm jealous! :) Have fun on the flight ride home!

Jason and Joanna said...

I can't believe only one more day there in the Bahamas! So, I didn't realize that you were doing posts.. I have been pretty busy chasing 2 kids around and still working- so I havent had a chance to check your blog... when I am on the computer I am either working or emailing you a HUGE email telling you about your baby :) well, have a good last day!!