Sunday, August 23, 2009

We Made It!

This post isn't going to have any pictures because I'm using this sweet lap-top Aaron got for his birthday, and I don't know how to upload pictures onto it YET. I may just have to add them all when I get home.
Our traveling was a little bit of a mess with Aaron being sick. He did however, get on the internet and figure out how to clear out a sinus infection. When I asked him if he was sure about it he told me that there were like 100 people that left comments on the site about how it was the only thing that cleared the infection. So, he went on a hunt in the airport for his warm water, salt and a straw.


He needed to mix the water and salt then put it into his ears and nose with a straw, then gargle some for his throat. It seemed to work pretty good. We did have some layovers, but that was to be expected. Then we lost some of our baggage-which had my make-up in it. The lame thing about this is that we had it to carry-on but at the last minute when we were getting on the plane in Salt Lake they told us there wasn't room in the overhead storage so we had to check it. Aaron told me he didn't expect it to make it. The thing that sucks is it also had my jewelry in it. What will I do without jewelry? So, I had to make do with yesterday's leftovers, jewelry and make-up. Plus, just taking the red-eye flight is always a killer in and of itself.
However, we did make it. This is the view from our room, it's very nice! Aaron is now sleeping to gear up for the good times we are going to have. Russ and Nicole have not arrived yet. They took a flight out of Vegas because it was SO much cheaper. I do hope they make it soon. The Bahamas is a little boring at this point. After all, it is The Holy Sabbath and we are supposed to rest right?

After Nicole and Russ arrived we headed down to some dinner and a presentation that Yamaha put on. We then got some yummy dessert for sitting through it. I took a couple of little cat naps. Can you tell?

The weather was so crazy! We were having a heat stroke outside but were freezing inside. That is why I have my sweatshirt on.
Thank you so much to all those helping with my kids. Leave me a comment if there are any troubles with the Monkeys and I will be sure to straighten them out-when I get home that is.Which may be a little late, so hopefully they will just be the angels they are:)

4 comments:

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

Glad you made it! Ryan is being a piece of junk, this is too much come home! Wait...I don't even have him yet haha. Fooled you! Your outfit you bought does look cute. I could so not tell you were sucking in haha! Have fun and relax with out your children. If you want you can take Brenden all next week he missed you so so much:)

Jason and Joanna said...

glad you got there safely! uhhhh... so brayd has been sleeping for the past 45 minutes, he will NOT wake up! lol! but, he is a sleepy man, and i will definitely be paying for it tonight (I'm assuming). We will see.... anyway, have fun and i'll let you know when i'm done with brayd and you can take the first flight home. I'm kidding, he will do great!

Melissa said...

Your kids were great today after school! We did homework, had a snack, and then played and played. My kids were so, so happy that they get to come back tomorrow! Don't be too jealous, but I got to hold Claire today! She is perfect! I want to keep her! Heather looks amazing and both are doing very well! We miss you! Drink a margarita for me!

Lyndsi said...

I also got to hold Claire and she is so freaking cute! But you are probably having a blast as well! THat sucks about Aaron's sinus infection. I have antibiotics for one, but obviously it wouldn't do any good now! I hope you find your make-up and jewelry but if not, you will still look great! Have fun drinking margaritas! Hopefully VIRGIN ones!