Saturday, August 1, 2009

A fun week in Island Park with Great Friends!

This last week we got to go up to Island Park with some friends.....The "Garn's" cabin was amazing! It was more like a huge house and it was just FABULOUS!! Melissa and I started out early with Madison, Brayden, Kinzlee, Adley and Brecklyn. We left Tuesday night while the dudes came up on Thursday. Melissa's mom was so nice as to let us crash her house. I loved it there, it felt like home to me. Wednesday we spent shopping, shopping and some more shopping. Then swimming.

I just love this picture of Brayd and Melissa. They are so cute!

Brayd has gotten so brave over the summer. At the beginning he wouldn't even let me stand in the deep end while holding him. Now he does it by himself, with the help of his life jacket.

My beautiful baby girl.

And her beautiful front flip.

On Thursday the guys got there and we went to dinner at delicious "Corbins" If you are ever in Layton you HAVE to check it out. It's incredible. It was even named after Jordan and Melissa's son. Sweet huh? Anyway after our DELICIOUS meal we went home to save the baby-sitter, which was Melissa's litlle Brother that is 22-I think. What 22 year old does that? Just Dave!

On Friday morning Aaron was in the Pioneer Day Parade in Salt Lake. Some of Aaron's relatives put together a float of Samuel Smith who was the first missionary, and because Aaron is a direct descendant of Samuel Smith, they wanted him and any others who served missions to follow the float and carry the flag which represents the country or state they served in. We got misinformed so I didn't get up and get the kids there because I thought it started too early. However, Aaron's uncle did take some sweet pictures for me!

Some cousins with Kara, Chase, Lin and Aaron.
They look so cute, I wish I would have made it to the parade.

Here they are in action!
So cute!

After the parade we were to meet the Garn family and head to Island Park. That is just what we did, but first we stopped and got some yummy food!
I love to eat!

We chose Dylan's and it sure was a good decision.

CHEESE!
Aaron is cute.

We finally got on the road at like 2 and Brayd was a sleepy man.
I love his hand position in this picture.

On our way we saw "The Grand Tetons" that's interesting how they got their name. Check it out if you don't know.....Thanks Bud!

We finally arrived at about 7 that night after stopping to do a little shopping and grabbing some food. We went for a boat ride and checked out the lake then put the kids to bed and played a little WIZARD until midnight then retired for the night.

We got up on Saturday morning and got ready for the day. I must be the slowest getting readier because as I was doing my hair I kept hearing my name. I went out to find this....

Melissa had loaded all the kids up for rides while I got ready and Aaron and Jordan went to service some machines. What a good friend!

As soon as the boys got back we went out for another boat ride...

Madison and Kinzlee always are so photogenic.

Corbin and Porter had these sweet suits on.
You think they look "interesting"? Well, just keep on reading and you will see where they get their "interestingness" from....

Porter thought about wake-boarding but that didn't last long...
Maybe next year.

Aaron did get up of course. Gosh he is "hot"!
Especially when he's on the water.


Brayd was such a good helper. With just Melissa and I (Jordan driving the boat) and our 8 kids we aren't much for helpers.


Are you ready for this?


Melissa and I weren't.


But, they pulled it off......

And were VERY happy about it!
2 grown men on a surf board...
Not everyone can do that!

My 3 Boys!

My 2 boys and Jordan?
Maybe he thinks he has big muscles.

That was enough excitement for one day. Once again we put the kids to bed and played WIZARD!!

The next day was Sunday so we went to church then came home for naps. It was very nice and the older kids played well while the babies and us old folk took naps.

After naps the kids enjoyed their gogurts. This is the sweetest table EVER!! The middle part spins and is PERFECT for playing cards! The kids ate at this table every meal and did great.

We then went to some falls in Idaho. They were very pretty and the kids had a good time running around.

My cute little Man Brayd.

There were alot of stairs we walked at the falls. Brayd wasn't very happy when I made him walk. It was all Melissa could do to keep up with Brecklyn. Maybe Brayd should have been a twin.

The kids that would hold still for a picture.
Kinda.

Just the Fam.

My Baby Boy and I.

My Boys.

Ryan was getting a little too adventurous. What a naughty!

Brayd didn't like the little slats that the bridge was made out of.

Daddy came to the rescue.

Cute little reading girls!

Aaron explaining that this can be either a bush or a weed.

Check out this drinking fountain!

Brayd needed to take care of some business. Pretty sure we would have gotten kicked out of the area for this one.

Ry and Brayd liked the big bear on the wall.

Then Brayd wanted his picture taken next to this deer.

One more time petting the "kitty cat".

It was very warm in this little area of the museum so there was a fan here. I'm not sure who started it but all three of these cute little ones were lifting up their shirts for a little cool down.

Seriously!
I would ask where Porter came from but we all know:)
The funniest part about it is that he looked completely normal until I said 3. Then he struck this crazy pose.

After we were done in that crazy museum the kids all needed to take a turn at jumping....

Madison...

Porter...

Ryan...

And Brayd.

Then we saw these GINORMOUS dandelions. So they all had to blow them. We may have gotten kicked out for this also!
I have to get them all....

Madison

Porter

Ryan

And of course Brayd. He has to do everything his older sister and brothers do.

Brayd and his little bum. I don't think he has a pair of shorts that stay on him.

We wore the kids out that day and headed back to the cabin. The kids were exhausted and we played WIZARD!

The next day was Monday. We just hung out and played in the morning around the cabin then we decided to head into West Yellowstone. We did a little shopping and the boys took Adley minus Brayd and went to an IMAX movie. I think it was good. That was until Porter chucked a rock at a bear, yes, Porter threw a rock at a live bear. Oh My!!

Brayd fell asleep on the way so he cuddled up and wrapped his arms around his daddy. While his mom was trying to wake him up.

There was Madison's name EVERYWHERE!

Even a street was named "Madison."
There is also a Madison River.
Popular name huh?

We did wear the kids out this day also. Along with myself.
No WIZARD this night. I went to sleep early!

On Tuesday we got up and everyone but I went out on the boat. I was a party pooper.
When they got done boating we made lunch.

Pretty sure Brayd's sandwhich is bigger than his head!

After lunch Aaron and Jordan decided to go on a 4-wheeler ride. As they were leaving Jordan said they wouldn't be long. What does that mean? After being gone for about 4 hours Melissa and I got a little worried. Neither one of them took their phones. Well, we worried and turns out they rode and finally got home. They tell us they got lost.....Too bad neither one of them blog, they could tell a sweet story I'm sure.
We were happy to finally have them back but Melissa and I weren't about to clean up after being worried and a little upset so turns out Aaron and Jordan put the "other" girls to work......

I'm not going to lie, they are pretty thorough especially considering both their moms have cleaning ladies:)

That pretty much sums up our trip to Island Park with the Garns. We had such a great time and are so thankful to them for the good times we had.
We Loved It!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun. I love that you take pictures of all of your kids doing everything. You are such a good mom. I love that Porter threw a rock at a bear, that is just so Porter. Well, we're glad to have you back. We just need to get those Garns to settle down and stay in one place!

Jason and Joanna said...

welcome home! looks like a ton of fun, and that's a fun post. All of it was very entertaining to read and oh wow about a lot of the things on there. very funny about porter chucking the rock at the bear though. lol

The Key's said...

Way fun week! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! But glad you're home now too :) Your kids honestly crack me up! They're too cute!

Melissa said...

That trip was way too much fun. Too bad the boys didn't sustain some sort of injury to justify their five hour four-wheeler trip. I should have taken a picture of Jordan's dirty face though...that was funny.