Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our 4th BOY!

We have been looking around for a puppy for quite awhile now. Well, yesterday I called Aaron and he said he had just left Wal-Mart and saw the cutest Shih Tzu puppies. I told him I wanted one. He said he had the number of the guy and if I was serious he would call them and we could go pick it up. I did hesitate a bit though. For those of you that know us, KNOW that our history with dogs isn't that great. We've tried chocolate, yellow and black labs, all of which have either ran away, got hit by a car or just randomly disappeared. Then we tried a beagle....let's just say my parents own him now. So this time we thought we would try out a little dog and see how this one turns out. If we have a hard time with him we'll just take him to my moms:).
We haven't thought up a name yet, so I just refer to him as "puppy".

Right after we got puppy we went to pick out the essentials for owning a puppy. He lives in his crate in our house. If you look close enough you can see him in the basket.

Brayd loves his new little puppy! That is one thing I like about little dogs, you'll always be able to carry them around.

We had a lot of fun with our little guy last night. The kids loved on him and he didn't whine at all. Then it was time to go to bed so Aaron put him in his crate. That didn't last long...as soon as I went to the kitchen where his crate was he started wagging his tail and just looking at me. So, I brought him in to lay by us. It reminded my so much of Tag-a-long, she was the dog we had while I was growing up. When Aaron was ready to go to sleep he took puppy back to his crate and everything was good......Until about 5:30 this morning. I heard him whining so I went to check on him and he had made a mess of his crate. I totally felt like a new mom again. I cleaned him all up and gave him a bath.

He didn't love it, but afterwards I laid him on my lap in this towel and he sat for about 20 minutes.
I know having a puppy isn't the easiest thing but he's so cute and the kids just love, love, love him! So do Aaron and I.
Welcome to our family "PUPPY".

6 comments:

The McInnes Family said...

He really is a cutie! He so reminds me of Taggy and it kind of makes me sad! She was a good dog. I really think his name should be Toby.It just seems to fit. That is what I shall call him until he has an official name. Congrats on your adoption!

Lyndsi said...

Congratulations! The best thing about getting a puppy is that you didn't have to go through nine months to get him! He is adorable! Good luck to your family and to "puppy"!

Heather said...

What a cute little guy! My kids and I would love to come and see him tomorrow!

Jason and Joanna said...

Super cute puppy!! Everyone loves him, and he is such a good dog! I love how he just snuggles up! :) Congratulations, and I think Toby is a cute name too....

The Key's said...

I LOVE him!! I couldn't get enought of him tonight ;) He just snuggles right up to you and loves you back. Toby is a cute name -- and same with the other one that means bear in chinese (i forget). Anyway he's such a cute little ball of fluff -- and I'm serious- anytime you leave town PLEASE call me up - I'd love to babysit him. And I'll get working on Russ -- I told him we should get one just like that and yours and ours could be friends haha! Welcome to the family little one! I'm so happy for you guys!

Nielsen Family said...

Cute Puppy!